Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
lower turbo hose???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy lower turbo hose???

my lower turbo hose has gone soft causing it to suck shut, its the one from the intercooler to the turbo duct
i cannot for the life of me find it online, all i see is radiator hoses, is there a different name for it or something???

i have a 2003 pt cruiser 2.4l turbo

thank you muchly!!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: lower turbo hose???

Hi there, I've been having problems with a leak of coolant as well, and think it may b same as urs. I think mine is leaking from the intercooler hose is that's the one that's on the lower part of the rad. And I couldn't order that part either. Guess I'm goNna take her to the dealership in the morning. If they have time to take her.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleAshley View Post
my lower turbo hose has gone soft causing it to suck shut, its the one from the intercooler to the turbo duct
i cannot for the life of me find it online, all i see is radiator hoses, is there a different name for it or something???

thank you muchly!!
look up NeedsWings or Dejon motorsports? They have them. Same ones the Neon SRT4 use
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanetta View Post
Hi there, I've been having problems with a leak of coolant as well, and think it may b same as urs. I think mine is leaking from the intercooler hose is that's the one that's on the lower part of the rad. And I couldn't order that part either. Guess I'm goNna take her to the dealership in the morning. If they have time to take her.
yours sounds like a different issue than the op posted. Yours sounds like the lower coolant radiator hose which can be purchased at any parts place such as Advance Auto or Auto Zone or online at Rockauto
The intercooler is only air to air, no fluids involved.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleAshley View Post

thank you muchly!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurPTGT View Post
look up NeedsWings or Dejon motorsports? They have them. Same ones the Neon SRT4 use
The op's post was from around the first of January, but if he's talking about the "hot-side pipe" its always under boost any time the turbo is turning. It's even before the unavoidable 3 to 4 pound boost drop coming out of the fmic, but he's saying it sucks shut?

Jerry
Old 30 Apr 2012, 05:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

my turbo inlet hose used to do that, suck in when you hit the accelerator, then blow out when you let off the gas. Sucked, and caused me to lose around 12 hp!
Old 30 Apr 2012, 06:19 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
my turbo inlet hose used to do that, suck in when you hit the accelerator, then blow out when you let off the gas. Sucked, and caused me to lose around 12 hp!
Yes, i've seen that happen also, but thats not the pipe he was describing. He's said its his "turbo to intercooler" pipe that is sucking shut?

Jerry