Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2 questions....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2011, 08:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question 2 questions....

Anyone have either of these issues? Or know whats causing them?

Today, I went to start my car after a couple days of it not being started, it hesitated to start, but did start. i closed the door and started to clean the snow and ice off my car, when I got in the car to go, I noticed it said "DOOR" Soooo i got out and checked the hatch and all the doors they were all closed so i got back in, once back in the "door" signal went off so I assumed it was just because of ice or what not since it was hard to open from the ice. I noticed then it was flashing between the milage and "no bus" what does that even mean?! anyone else EVER have that come up????? Any ideas on that?

As far as the "DOOR" light being on, I assume it goes with my following issue, PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE HAS THIS ISSUE, OR KNOWS HOW TO FIX IT!!

Weirdest thing ever....... I noticed this last winter, in the middle of the night and scared the crap out of me, it happened to me three times(i didnt drive much last winter because I had JUST had a baby) My car when its cold outside, no matter how long it sits to warm up, will ALL AT ONCE: the door light will come on, the car will lock and unlock continuely, beep to indicate soemthing is wrong, the light will come one. THe first time this ever happened i thought someone was in my car..... it'll do this every its cold out, and it last for say 3mins? HOW CAN I FIX THIS?????? AND WHY IS IT DOING THIS?!?!?!!!
Old 10 Jan 2011, 09:36 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: 2 questions....

hey there, welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Antonio, but some else just posted a no bus thread, i don't there's to many posts on it yet but i'm sure there will be.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 10:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkid1983 View Post
hey there, welcome to the forum. Greetings from San Antonio, but some else just posted a no bus thread, i don't there's to many posts on it yet but i'm sure there will be.
Thanks
Really? I tried for ever to track down and see if someone else had posted one, but I hadn't a clue what i should be searching aside for "no bus" and nothing came up lol. I know theres some people on here who know alot about pt crusisers so hopefully someone has an idea/can help
Old 10 Jan 2011, 10:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

you may want to ask CREWZIN, he's one of the admin's for this site, HE know alot of stuff. you could find his name at the bottom of the home page where it show's who's online.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:16 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hi Stace22.Welcome to the forum.I cant really offer any advice on your problem but I searched the net and found this site.Maybe you can find what you need here.Does anyone know what "no bus" means, my car won't start... - Q&A
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkid1983 View Post
you may want to ask CREWZIN, he's one of the admin's for this site, HE know alot of stuff. you could find his name at the bottom of the home page where it show's who's online.
Ya, I've noticed he knows ALOT!! Im hoping he'll seee this, but maybe I'll send him a message or something Thanks
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBluePT View Post
Hi Stace22.Welcome to the forum.I cant really offer any advice on your problem but I searched the net and found this site.Maybe you can find what you need here.Does anyone know what "no bus" means, my car won't start... - Q&A
Thanks I'll going to look at it now
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:21 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hope it helps
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

There is one post down near the bottom that gives a step by step on the diagnosis and repair but it is based on a Jeep.

Last edited by SCBluePT; 10 Jan 2011 at 11:28 pm.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBluePT View Post
There is one post down near the bottom that gives a step by step on the diagnosis and repair but it is based on a Jeep.
I saw that, but I'm in no shape or form about to tackle anything on my own lol. I have a mechanic, whose also a friend who I normally have do all my work for me, so I'm thinking I'll get him to have a look. As for my second issue, i'm pretty sure its a short or wiring issue, but well to be honest, i know very little about cars, i know the easy stuff I learnt in a girls shops class ie, fluids, changing tires, oil changes lol
Thanks thou

Tags
crazy car!, issues, no bus