Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
REVERSING LIGHT - NOT WORKING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2011, 04:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default REVERSING LIGHT - NOT WORKING

I have a 2001 2.0L manual PT Cruiser, the reversing lamp has stopped working, not the lamp/bulb (swapped with the fog light which was and is still working with the reversing lamp bulb in it), does anyone please have any idea as to why, or as to where the switch is located (peferably not in the gearbox!) so that I can check the current etc, or is it on a fuse that is solely for the reversing lamp that I have missed.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 04:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: REVERSING LIGHT - NOT WORKING

You have a 2.0 liter PT so you live in Europe. The wiring is probably quite a bit different that the U.S. cruisers where we only have the 2.4 motors.

Just in case some things might be the same, you might have a fuse box in the interior of the vehicle. On the left hand drive U.S. cruisers it's beside our left knee. Don't know where it is on your car, but if you can find it, the No#6 fuse is for the back-up (reversing) lights.

The schematic does show a back-up lamp switch but it doesn't say where it's located, but I'd look around and check the fuse first.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 06:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Only 2.0 here and 2.4 diesels, will have a look in the light. Many thanks.
Old 07 Feb 2011, 10:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unfortunately tyhe fuse (no 6 10amp) is good, will check all others, but looks like a visit to the dealer!
Old 24 May 2016, 03:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
You have a 2.0 liter PT so you live in Europe. The wiring is probably quite a bit different that the U.S. cruisers where we only have the 2.4 motors.

Just in case some things might be the same, you might have a fuse box in the interior of the vehicle. On the left hand drive U.S. cruisers it's beside our left knee. Don't know where it is on your car, but if you can find it, the No#6 fuse is for the back-up (reversing) lights.

The schematic does show a back-up lamp switch but it doesn't say where it's located, but I'd look around and check the fuse first.
hi
i have same issue but little ddifferent in my case only one of the rear light is not working other one is fine !
(changed the lambs that wasnt the issue)

what do u think is the problem ?
thanks.
Old 24 May 2016, 04:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Best bet is corrosion in the bulb socket. Pretty easy to take out the rear lamps and test the wiring and also look for any corrosion that would stop the bulb from making good contact.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 May 2016, 03:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Had the same problem with my 2.2CRD - measured 12v at the socket, swapped over the housing for the fog light - still nothing

Assumed it was the switch in the gearbox but couldn't be arsed to find it so frigged in am LED bulb with the assistance of wire and glue and it now works fine (apart from the fact I get the beep beep beep that the bulb is broken, which I have now convinced myself that it's an audio aid that I am in reverse)

HTH

Tags
lamp, reversing