Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
electrical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Feb 2011, 05:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default electrical

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser and I have no headlamps/blinkers and windshield wipers , is there a fuse for this to be fixed?
Old 05 Feb 2011, 07:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: electrical

on your 06, check the fuse box that is located in your engine compartment behind your air intake,pull the cover off and on the cover(other side ) is the fuse layout locate the fuse for the head lite or turn signals and check it.if it appears burnt replace it
Old 05 Feb 2011, 11:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: electrical

Not to busts Mity's chops, even though I live for such a day, but in the '06 and up, it's called the TIPM, Totally Integrated Power Module. Yes, ridiculous name, it's a fuse box on any other planet.

Here's the three drawings from the svc manual on it, may help you identify what to look for:

If it was just headlamps and blinkers, I'd say your MFS is bad, I'm on my third already...

Now, please let me know if you can make anything of the diagram for the TIPM, as I've tried for 5 years now to understand it and still don't.

Last edited by Chromenut; 05 Feb 2011 at 11:37 pm.
Old 06 Feb 2011, 07:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Here's the breakout of the fuses and relays but as I told you in your PM and as Chromenut just said, the things you have wrong aren't related. MFS and dash lights, as far as I know, don't have a common denominator except the whole TIPM which Chrysler has a habit of telling everyone, they need to replace the whole thing.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Feb 2011, 10:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Wink Re: electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Not to busts Mity's chops, even though I live for such a day, but in the '06 and up, it's called the TIPM, Totally Integrated Power Module. Yes, ridiculous name, it's a fuse box on any other planet.

Here's the three drawings from the svc manual on it, may help you identify what to look for:

If it was just headlamps and blinkers, I'd say your MFS is bad, I'm on my third already...

Now, please let me know if you can make anything of the diagram for the TIPM, as I've tried for 5 years now to understand it and still don't.

thanks chromenut & crewzin i knew there was some name to it but could not remember it at the time ,(but in my old ways i call it a fuse box)
Old 06 Feb 2011, 01:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's like one of the most ridiculous POS on the car. Whenever I have a problem I think may be related to a fuse or relay, I've given up on trying to figure out what each one does, I just pull them one at a time and check them with my tester. Easier than trying to read that equally ridiculous chart...lol...
Old 06 Feb 2011, 03:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Chrome,

Your right if your speaking of the two charts below the first picture but if you take my list 1 thru 37 and look at your first picture with the fuses and relays numbered 1-37 it makes it a whole lot easier.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.