Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
plz help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2011, 02:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default plz help!!

okay i have a 03 pt crusier turbo...anyways last month the day after christmas i was about to pulled in my parking lot and notice that the gear shift button was depressed it wasnt popping up i try puting it on "p" park still it wouldnt pop up like its usually do, so thats mean i couldnt get my key out..im absuming that the car does know that its in park..anywho i called my dad to come over and figure it out so he end up yanking the key out which it did..which it mess up everything now my battery keep dying from the light that say "P R N D"whatever the order it is anyways it always light up which always kills my battery!my dad took the igniton lock cylinder out and he say that is the problem i need to go to the dealership and order one!but do u guys think that is the problem???plz help me!!!!thank u in advance!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 03:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: plz help!!

Wow, we just had a heated discussion about your kind of writing.

Anyhow! What have you been doing since the day after Christmas? The ignition switch might be messed up since the key was yanked out but the light on the shifter console shouldn't come on until the headlight are turned on.

Not sure about the turbo, but the shifter should be able to come apart and you'll be able to see why the button isn't popping up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 05:21 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Crewzin, from what I was able to decipher;

His shift selector has the button stuck down, so it would not go into park. For this reason his key was stuck in the ignition. (ignition didn't see selector in park) and his father yanked the key out. How ever, now that the key was yanked out and button stuck down the shift selector light in the dash stays lit.

To OP

There is a small allen screw holding the shifter ball on. If you unscrew this, you can take the ball off and see the plastic "lever".

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 11 Feb 2011, 06:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I cant imagion PULLING the key out it had to be a freaking HArd pULL did no one think Hey This Might NOT be a good idea??? im not disrespecting any one btu some times people amaze me