PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WTA: My Automatic Transmision Only 1&2 Gear Can't Shift?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Feb 2011, 11:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default WTA: My Automatic Transmision Only 1&2 Gear Can't Shift?

Hai, my car is pt cruiser 2.0 because I'm from Indonesia...I had problem about my automatic transmision, my car in position transmision 'D' can't shift to gear 3&4 only 1&2?So very badly my car's speed only 40-50km/our because in 5000rpm or higher can't shift?Have anybody help me what can I do?I must replace the gearbox?thank you very much....
Old 19 Feb 2011, 11:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WTA: My Automatic Transmision Only 1&2 Gear Can't Shift?

You won't need a whole new gearbox as it's probably a problem with the shift linkage. Do you have a mechanic that can look at it?

Also try reading through the 3 pages of information on this thread. It might help you.

what is wrong with my manual transmission?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 19 Feb 2011 at 12:01 pm.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 12:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

My engine light is off, my car mileage is 65000 mil...I just bought this car from other people maybe the owner before me is very bad service this car....In my country very bad don't have workshop to diagnose with computer....I have one problem again when my shft knob position is P-->I shift to R the engine have sound like "DUG" and my engine vibrate hard...The otherhand when I shift from R to D that sound same?can you help me about two problem?what can I do? thank you very much...
Old 19 Feb 2011, 01:25 pm
Banned

Crewzin, he has an atx. From his terminology describing the problem, it's obvious that there isn't much mechanical ability here so he's going to end up taking it to a mechanic to have it fixed. I'm sure that there had to be a dealer, even over there, to sell these PTs initially, so that would be my first choice if I were him. Next in line would be to ask around and find a good mechanic, because that's where it's going to end up. Don't waste time. Do it now.

Jerry
Old 19 Feb 2011, 02:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Jerry,

I originally thought he had an ATX but then started talking and going into gears 1 & 2 and 3 and 4 and auto's don't have that kind of choice. But I guess when he mentioned 'D' it should have told me better. The biggest problem with the ATX is the Solenoid Pack but without diagnosis, it's only a guess. He could just throw a new one in and hope for the best but I hate to tell someone to do that. Like you said, he needs a mechanic.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 05:08 pm
Veteran Cruiser

The factory manual has a troubleshooting guide.
Perhaps if he had one (hint, hint) it would help whomever does end up
working on it to get it on the go again.