Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
very odd sound from a stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2011, 09:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Default very odd sound from a stop

got a question, guys. from a stop, if you take off with more then a quarter pedal, there is an odd sound. when i first drove the car and for a little bit after wards, i thought it was the intake sound with no baffling in the air box. now though, i think something is wrong. i cannot describe the sound other then it sounds like the car is being ran with no filter or intake box on it in first gear. every gear after that, the car sounds normal and quiet. what do ya'll think i should check for this strange sound. i am already going to change the motor mounts and tranny mounts in case the engine is torquing over and that noise is the vibrations from the mounts but what other things could i check while doing that?

and, since i am going to be replacing those mounts, i should just get over my procrastinating and do the timing belt too, right? i know i should but i just have a hard time getting started on jobs like that. just getting older, i guess. when i was younger, i had no problems tearing a motor down and replacing the timing belt or belts but as i age, i feel less and less like doing it anymore. oh well, i'll do it sometime. (i still haven't done the stroker on my jeep that i have been planning for a few months either. 4.0 to 4.5)