PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PCV VALVE EMISSION HOSE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2011, 01:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to meanmachine
Smile PCV VALVE EMISSION HOSE

Does anybody know the Mopar part number to the PCV valve emission hose? Mine cracked when they removed it to check the valve. thanks in advance for your help.

PCV VALVE EMISSION HOSE.jpg
Old 26 Feb 2011, 03:02 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: PCV VALVE EMISSION HOSE

Just get gas line hose - they sell it by the foot - at AdvanceAuto, etc.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Feb 2011, 07:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

QSD is right to save some money on the hose. If you want the molded hose, my parts catalog for a 2001 has two numbers: HOSE, Polution Control Valve 4777 957AA or 4884 246AA. Not sure what the difference is.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 09:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That looks like a molded hose to me, IF you put the same length hose on it, I would be concerned that it would pinch and then it would be useless. IMHO that is!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 26 Feb 2011, 09:52 am
Banned

The #4884246-AA is the PCV valve hose. The other is probably the "make-up" line that completes the PCV system. It's only three or four inchs from the PCV hose on the N/As. The last time I bought one, It cost $12.32. It has two differant size openings and has two molded-in sharp turns. I've replaced a couple on my customers cars. Because of the Hot, oil saturated air that flows through the hose and the very hot engine compartment temps that the hose is exposed to anytime our engine is running, even our factory hose softens during normal use. If you use a gas hose, it is resisting the curves you put it through and it will eventually kink enough to "cut-off" the flow of the valve. You will experience engine performance issues when this eventually happens.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCV hose 01.jpg (30.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg PCV VALVES 008.jpg (77.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 26 Feb 2011, 11:50 am
Banned

Ahhh, I see we now have a picture. From the looks of your "make-up" hose under the PCV hose, it has sucked shut with age. It appears you need to go to the dealer and get BOTH hoses. The dealer is the "only" place you can get the corrrectlly shaped hoses. Of course, as has been said, you can manufacture some replacements. I personally would never go that route for the reasons I stated in the above previous post, but that's just me.

When I added the K&N Apollo, I ended up cutting the factory "make-up" line to add an oil catch-can to my system.

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 119.5 SNOW and K&N Apollo.jpg (54.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 119.7 oil catch-can.jpg (95.4 KB, 75 views)
Old 27 Feb 2011, 12:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to meanmachine

Thank you guys for your help, i went down to the local dealer and was able to pick up the exact part i need thanks to the part number provided. Now the wife is once again styling and profiling in her Pt Cruiser.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 02:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
QSD is right to save some money on the hose. If you want the molded hose, my parts catalog for a 2001 has two numbers: HOSE, Polution Control Valve 4777 957AA or 4884 246AA. Not sure what the difference is.
Crewzin!

I'm looking to replace my pcv valve hose. Do you know the part #? I have a 2003 Gt model. Thanks!

Tai

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg
Old 19 Jan 2015, 05:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Tai,

I only have the parts catalog for the 2001 PT's that aren't turbo-charged. Yours might be different, don't know. If it looks like the hose in the picture supplied bu meanmachine in the first post, then go by the numbers I posted or what Jerry suggest in post number #5.
Old 19 Jan 2015, 07:31 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Teekypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Tai,

I only have the parts catalog for the 2001 PT's that aren't turbo-charged. Yours might be different, don't know. If it looks like the hose in the picture supplied bu meanmachine in the first post, then go by the numbers I posted or what Jerry suggest in post number #5.
Crewzin!

Thanks but ur right...it looks different from my hose. And the valve is on the passenger side. I ordered a new pcv valve from nextdayauto. But having a hard time finding the hose! Went to a random dodge dealer today and the dude told me that pt cruisers dont have a pcv valve! LOOOL! I was like well ur wrong, do you want to see it on my car?" Then i googled it and showed it to him. I left and just ordered the valve myself.

Anyone know where i can get a pcv valve (hose/tubing) from?

Thx! 😁

http://www.math.uh.edu/~tai/Today/Clean3.jpg