Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Have I dropped a B*****k???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2011, 01:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Have I dropped a B*****k???

I have been preparing an 02 engine to fit into an 03 car. I was informed that the engine was running fine with plenty of power but as a precaution I have replaced the cambelt/timing belt.
When I removed the covers i found that the crank pulley semed to be exatly one tooth out past the mark on the block (the arrow was pointing to the top of the next lobe.??????? This was with the cam pulleys in correct alignment.

I checked with 2 other mechanics who said to replace the belt with the marks aligned correctly, and that if the car had been running like this it would have been extremely flat?

I remembered seing a thread about alignment of belts and I have reviewed it and now become concerned that I should have left it as it was. though the cam pulley marks on my engine had their notches right in the centre of the tooth recess as opposed to how the pics in the thred showed it just off to the side.

can anyone confirm if i should leave it aligned to the marks or put it back????????????