Advertisements
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2011, 06:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Question WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Ok... Sorry for the tittle

But Really guys!... I made my search all arround the forum and didnt found anything about this part!, and google it and the same!... I once supposed that it was the vacumme thingy for the A/C, but nope... so here it is!

It is broken and has a nipple where a vacumme hose goes, it was placed some where in the passenger side fender and I really dont know what is and how to install a new or used one if I found one in a junk yard... The car runs great without the part, but has the vacumme line just hanging there sucking air

Any gess? some one?

Thank you... Daniel

PART NUMBER: 04891403AA / 33321 A001

Old 06 Mar 2011, 06:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

DUDE, how the heck did you kill that? That is the Speed Control Vacuum Reservoir! Without it you're blowing the vacuum out of the speed control unit.

These are pretty easily found in junk yards if you can find a PT to pull parts from. Pretty much any model will do. I just looked an my '06 PT GT vert has exactly the same unit. It's the same part number all the way through '08, that's all the parts catalogs I have.

Here's a page from the catalog, I've blown it up and highlighted it for you.

Also, until you find a replacement I suggest you stick a golf tee into the end of that vacuum line and tape it in place, it will hold up for you until you need to install. Try your cruise control, see if it's even working.
Old 06 Mar 2011, 07:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Man!

Really thank you so much!... I didnt brake it, my car was in an accident, and I buy it from a lady in San Diego, Its a salvage car and They replaced the fender, the lady opened the door, and a passing car smash it, and the door hit the fender braking this part, from the impact... the thing is that at the junk yards I went all the PT's didnt have it, but now I know how to ask for it... and all thanks to you ... thank you, and thanx for the advice... I plug a nail and its holding good... tomorrow I'll buy the part

Thank you again

Daniel
Old 06 Mar 2011, 07:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Let's see.... many of these reservoirs have two fittings, one for a vacuum return, which our's doesnt' have....

JCWhitney...nope not there.... hmmm...

Here's a great install guide for you, has instructions for all of the speed control components, but a better view of the vacuum reservoir than what I gave you: http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82208198.pdf

Oh, other item to note, if the car didn't come with cruise control, don't waste your time looking for this component. Check first for cruise, if it's not there, then you won't find the reservoir either.
Old 06 Mar 2011, 11:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Let's see.... many of these reservoirs have two fittings, one for a vacuum return, which our's doesnt' have....

JCWhitney...nope not there.... hmmm...

Here's a great install guide for you, has instructions for all of the speed control components, but a better view of the vacuum reservoir than what I gave you: http://www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/82208198.pdf

Oh, other item to note, if the car didn't come with cruise control, don't waste your time looking for this component. Check first for cruise, if it's not there, then you won't find the reservoir either.
Wow niceeee thank you!
Old 07 Mar 2011, 05:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Just a side note stealerships (dealerships) scare me with their prices, however in the case of this here vacuum reservoir I was amazed, no rephrase shocked to find out that this part costs only $6.35. This must be the cheapest OEM part I have ever had to replace, not sure how much a junk yard charges but consider getting an OEM one.