Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
TOO MANY CODES!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Mar 2011, 01:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default TOO MANY CODES!!!

I just bought a 2003 (non turbo) with 90000 miles on it. I knew I would have to do some work on it...but holly nuts!

Here they are..
P0129
P0325
P0300
P0344
P0335

After reading a lot of threads about some of the codes, I'm buying a Camshaft sensor and a knock sensor today (from dealer) and I have already replaced the plugs and wires.
And with in the next 1000 miles I will be taking it in to get a timing belt put on.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO DO???? I JUST WANT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OFF.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 01:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: TOO MANY CODES!!!

Welcome to the forum.Make sure you get all of your sensors from the dealer.For some reason our cars dont respond well to aftermarket sensors.When you get the timing belt done make sure you also do the waterpump.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 02:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.

If you just want to get rid of the codes, take the negative battery cable off for about 10 minutes. Write down the codes first and see if any of them come back. Did you just check the codes when you got it home? Some of them might be quite old.
Old 08 Mar 2011, 05:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Now you tell me the codes might be old...lol just kidding...well I'm off to put on the new sensors ....I will let you know how it goes. BTW I love this form you guys rock
Old 08 Mar 2011, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

still take the battery cabel off or get a code reader and clear all the codes and see if anything pops up
Old 08 Mar 2011, 09:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

So happy I changed out the sensors (had to disconnect the battery to get to the knock sensor) let it run for just a few moments and the check engine light went off...but I still did the the code check and it just said "done".
It was so awesome!! I had to do it a few more times just for fun...$80 for the new sensor No engine light is priceless plus a big smile on my face.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone for this form and for the people that write in and help us newbies
Old 08 Mar 2011, 09:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

It's why we hang out here, always learning new stuff. Just watch for those codes, some are a product of multiple disturbances, meaning for instance you have to have this happen blank number times in blank hours and then the alarm is thrown. So in about a week do your key-dance again to see if you're still clear, but I'd bet you are.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 05:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

No more dancing...just crying

My car is still has codes...but some new ones.

So mad right now and I do have a appointment for the timing belt and water pump and thermostat.

Can you all think of what I can do????
Old 11 Mar 2011, 07:11 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

This is from PT Do-It-Yourself.net:

P0129 - Barometric Pressure Out-of-Range low

Description - MAP sensor input voltage out of an acceptable range detected during reading of barometric pressure.

There are 11 possible causes listed in the diagnostic manual. It covers 3 pages of tests to determine the cause. I've replaced several MAP sensors. It's most likely a defect in the sensor. It's something that should be fixed ASAP.

Fault Code P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire

A misfire code in a specific cylinder (P0301-Cylinder #1, P0302- Cylinder #2, etc.) usually indicates a possible problem with a plug or ignition wire. A P0300 code indicates the misfire is random and moving around from cylinder to cylinder. The cause here would likely be something that upsets the engine's air/fuel mixture, such as a major vacuum leak, leaky EGR valve or unusually low fuel pressure (weak pump or faulty regulator).

P0315 crank position (CKP) system variation values not stored in memory.
Can't find any info on this one, but this and P0335 both point to the Cranshaft Postion sensor. Read here:

Chrysler Questions - 2005 pt cruise with error code P0335 (CKP sensor a circuit - JustAnswer
Old 12 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok so if I change out the two sensors...I will still have the misfire issues?

My husband is getting mad at me cause I'm willing to change out the two sensors but he just wants me to take it to a dealership. He thinks I'm chasing my tail by changing out sensors. I don't know how many sensors there are but I'm up to 4 now.
And I know if I don't at least have a clue what is wrong the dealer will take me to the cleaners. I only have so much money and if I can change out a couple of freaking sensors I want to do it but I am very limited on what I can do.
*sigh starting to wish I bought a different PT cruiser.