Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Better Motor Mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Mar 2011, 11:28 am
Young Cruiser

Default Better Motor Mounts

Go to Auto Zone for the Duralast mounts. They claim to be stronger than the stock set up. For some reason they don't list the lower mount for the PT but you can get it if you ask for a Neon lower mount. Just got a set today Ill let you know how it works out.

Motor Mount | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 Cylinders B 2.4L SFI DOHC | AutoZone.com

Last edited by scatgo; 13 Mar 2011 at 11:32 am.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 11:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Better Motor Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatgo View Post
Go to Auto Zone for the Duralast mounts. They claim to be stronger than the stock set up. For some reason they don't list the lower mount for the PT but you can get it if you ask for a Neon lower mount. Just got a set today Ill let you know how it works out.

Motor Mount | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 Cylinders B 2.4L SFI DOHC | AutoZone.com
While AutoZone may have good ones, they may be the same ones manufactured by Anchor that many if not all the parts places carry. I got mine the rt engine mount, upper and lower torque strut mounts from Amazon for $54 dollars. Please note the same lower strut mount is the same except that the bolt hole is smaller. I took a 9/16 bimetal drill bit and reamed out the hole to accept the bolt and it works fine. Also if the rt engine mount has never been changed and has high mileage, it is a total beeeeeeear to change.

Change the torque mounts and/or drop them to inspect and possible change out. If the vibrations stop and the engine feels smooth, DON'T touch that engine mount. You have to drop the belts and all the mounting points in the engine and jack it up very very high top get clearance.

I looked at my replacement from Anchor and the OEM unit and they differ in that the circular steel that mounts the insert is about 1/2" to long and they should have machined them smaller to just drop out from the mounting hole. They forgot during manufacturing the engine goes in as a unit and that the mount is installed first.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Last edited by Kruzin; 27 Dec 2011 at 11:38 pm.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 02:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Better Motor Mounts

Again, I'd suggest gluing a nd partial filling with 3M windsheild urethane, it's a forever fix. My torn neon mounts (nearly 17 yrs old) are still going strong.