Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help!2004 PT cruiser (not turbo) Service Manual

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2011, 10:38 am
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Help!2004 PT cruiser (not turbo) Service Manual

I tried to find a service manual for the 2004 PT Cruiser (not turbo) and it seems to have been deleted

Does anyone know how I cam get it?

I don't have the funds to pay a dealer to service the car, so it has to be a DIY adventure

I need to change all belts (including the timing belt), and replace the water pump as well as a lower motor mount. I already replaced the top motor mount and the plugs. Any advice you might have would be great. I have spent quite a bit of time reading all the info here...Great stuff!!!!
Thanks,
Jessica
Old 14 Mar 2011, 10:52 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Help!2004 PT cruiser (not turbo) Service Manual

Can't tell you about the belt/pump but the motor mount is easy as heck to do.

I jacked the car up and put it on jackstands (I did it evenly on both sides). Put the jack underneath the engine with a wooden block to support it, not lift it.

Unbolt and remove front passenger tire. Remove lower splash guard which consists of 2x12mm bolts (or 10mm) and 2-3 push pins. Remove that and you'll see the motor mount.

Here's a pic of when I did mine -

Btw, I suggest you replace the lower mount asap because if it's broken...you're really stressing out that upper mount and might have to replace it soon again. That's the common mistake I've seen around here when drivers only replace one mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Old 14 Mar 2011, 03:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The service manual was never published on-line and is copywrited. That's why it was deleted. Unless someone wants to send you a pirated copy of it, the only way is to get it from Chrysler. The back of the owners manual has the address to send to. It's $90.00 or so.

Some people have a copy and they say they are willing to try and send it but it's a big file.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 02:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks I appreciate the intel!
Old 19 Mar 2011, 09:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

If you Google in PT Cruiser and hit "enter", a list of sites will appear. This forum is the first site. If you just move on down the list, however, there is a site that shows PT Cruiser Manual download ... or something like that. Check it out.

Tim