Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Throttle position sensor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Throttle position sensor

What's the easiest way to replace the Tps? It's in a somewhat difficult location on the back of the throttle body. Does it have torque screws holding it in place? Difficult to tell.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Throttle position sensor

First you need to take off the electrical connection to the TPS. You have to squeeze the locking tab and pull off the connection. The TPS itself is held on by two Torx (not torque) screws. Have a Torx set handy and you'll need one of the smaller (#15 maybe) to undo the screws.

Won't ask how you know you need a new one so hope you picked the right part. The IAC is next to the TPS and there's way more owners that have cleaned and/or replaced that rather than the TPS for on-going problems.

Welcome to the forum. Be nice if you introduced yourself rather than just jump in and ask a question.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 21 Mar 2011 at 10:29 pm.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 08:44 am
Banned

I'm with Crewzin. Why do you think you need to do this?

Jerry
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hi guys. Didnt mean to be rude by just jumping in and asking a question. I'm new to the forum and just starting to get involved in upgrading my 2006 pt cruiser. I installed a airaid cold air intake system this week and noticed the TPS had a large crack in the plastic (no idea how). Not causing me any problems but I figured I shouldnt wait till it did. Thanks for the info Crewzin. I was able to change it out last night with no problems.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There have been lots of problems with the TPS. Have seen this in the GT and Dodge SRT-4 world. Harness has been the main culprit. A broken wire in the harness will cause the idle to shoot up and stay for a while. Can be very embarassing when you come to a stop.