PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hot Fluid Leaked On Foot Drivers Side. Car Fogging Up. Coolant Bubbling in Reserve.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Apr 2011, 06:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Hot Fluid Leaked On Foot Drivers Side. Car Fogging Up. Coolant Bubbling in Reserve.

Please help. My foot was burnt while driving. Hot fluid dumped on my right foot while I was driving. Now the car steams up on the inside and smells like coolant. Then it went away for a few weeks and is now doing it again. What is this?

Please help.

Thanks
Old 04 Apr 2011, 07:32 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Hot Fluid Leaked On Foot Drivers Side. Car Fogging Up. Coolant Bubbling in Reserv

It sounds like you have a leaking heater core. I would go to a trusted mechanic and have your cooling system pressure tested. I'm sure if you look at your overflow tank..it will be very low or empty. Have you tried to use the heater? If so, I'll bet you will have no heat because the coolant level is too low. If you add coolant you will likely get more leaking inside ..maybe on your foot again!
Get it looked at ASAP.
Old 04 Apr 2011, 07:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Hot Fluid Leaked On Foot Drivers Side. Car Fogging Up. Coolant Bubbling in Reserv

Thanks for the tip. If I put the switch to defrost the steam goes onto windshield, if vent then steam comes out vents... etc...

The other issue I am having is oil in my spark plug wells....

I only have 70,000 miles. Never had a car that had any problems this soon. Bummer. I really like the car though.
Old 04 Apr 2011, 07:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

I suggest you get that looked at ASAP..you don't want to be breathing coolant vapor! Besides, you won't be able to see to drive properly if it's a bit cool in the mornings and you need your defrost!

Tags
coolant