Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tb spacers???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2011, 10:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Tb spacers???

I was wondering if the tb spacers do any good for a pt?? Anything from mpgs to sound or even throttle response or firmness. I'm looking at getting a cheaper one
Old 23 May 2011, 10:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Tb spacers???

Pointless.
Old 24 May 2011, 12:25 am
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

awe dude, i could've told you that, should've texted me. lol jk
yeah i wouldn't waste my time, unless you want some color on your engine.
i know they don't do sh*t but i was thinking of getting one just for the color.
Old 24 May 2011, 06:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Danny,

Plenty of other things you can do if you want color and you don't waste your money on the spacer.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2011, 07:19 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Ask member 01pittypat, he said it feels a better throttle response after he installed it and he said is really happy with it
Old 24 May 2011, 10:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Ask member 01pittypat, he said it feels a better throttle response after he installed it and he said is really happy with it
Would you admit you spent $100 on a "power mod" and it didn't do anything?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 24 May 2011, 11:14 am
Dedicated Cruiser

I don't know...but that's what he said. He said that right after he installed it, he was amazed of the difference.
BTW he just put an K&N intake ( about $250 ) on the car and he didn't say much about it....
I had a Borla Dual exhaust and an Airaid intake in my N/A and to me it opened up the engine a lot...but that's my opinion
Old 24 May 2011, 11:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, and I added the open air intake and even thought "supposedly" I lost something because it draws in mostly warm air, I immediately felt a better off-from-the-start response and the lag/bog I had right after the initial start was gone, all because the engine could draw in more air than the restricted OEM filter.

If 01Pittypat put the K&N intake at the same time as the spacer, then that's what he felt, not the result of the spacer.

I could go on and on about one of the best Master Certified Mechanics that was on the forum, who owned his own shop, worked on thousands of PT and ran a Nitrous settup had done numerous tests on the spacer and finally wrote to the manufacturer about his results. The return letter stated how great their product was (and it does work on carburetted engines) and that the actual torque increase "couldn't be measured". What kind of power mod tells you that it increases power and it can't be measured?

If you really think about it; an inch think spacer which supposedly spins the air for better atomization that's put on in front of four intake tubes that travel 3-4 feet before entering the combustion chamber. You think that air is still spinning? Is the inch longer space going to add more power? If it does, my chrome tube is 12 inches from the filter to the throttle body. I'm still only getting 150 hp and the only thing is does is make a hell of a great noise when the air is rushing down the tube. The filter lets more air in. An inch think spacer in back of the throttle body doesn't.

Old 24 May 2011, 11:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I believe they made sense for cars with carburetors, but no longer make sense with multipoint fuel injection.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 24 May 2011, 11:56 am
Dedicated Cruiser

He put the spacer before. Just got the intake