Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Middle mount passenger side questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 May 2011, 09:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Middle mount passenger side questions

Hi guys Im back, I thought perhaps my neighbor who is a full blown mechanic was going to fix my mounts Sunday but he never showed up. What is the deal. Who but me makes 2 different with 2 different guys to fix my car and they dont show? After speaking with you guys last week regarding that mid mount on my 04 cruiser, Ive come to the realization that although I want to take this task on myself, the fact that the star bolt is broken off and the engine would have to be dropped down to even get to it, much less drill it out may be just a bit much for me to take on. Id have to buy a floor jack, a socket set, drill and jack stands before I could even get started. So, at lunch today Im gonna have someone follow me to yet another mechanics home and drop off the car. Do you think its driveable? Im really worried that the engine is gonna fall out in the middle of the damn road, is that possible?

Thanks

Leann -(

Last edited by Leannaluv; 24 May 2011 at 09:34 am.
Old 24 May 2011, 11:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Middle mount passenger side questions

well depends on how many mounts are busted and how bad they are busted and then again how hard you drive it
Old 24 May 2011, 12:04 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

But do you see the engine tilted ? or hitting the side? If that's the case, I wouldn't drive it
Old 24 May 2011, 10:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Its tilting to the passengers side for one but when I press the gas pedal the engine dosent move like it does as Ive seen in the videos of other pt owners.
I was just getting ready to head out and drive across town and drop it off. Looks like Im headed to autozone to buy a freaking floor jack a and a rachet set. Any help that you can give me would be really helpful. I appreciate it more than you know. Im doing this by myself. I know alot of what to do Im just unsure about lifting the engine and tranny.
Old 24 May 2011, 10:24 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Go to Harbor Freight tools...I just bought two low profile jacks for $59 each.
You can even go online and get some coupons to save even more