Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
motor pushed forward/rearended someone, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2011, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Angry motor pushed forward/rearended someone, help

Same gal with the mount, strut etc issues, well I just finished spending about an hour looking at a diagram of my engine showing me where stuff is suppose to be lining up etc. Awhile back my guy slammed into the backside of someone. He drove it home and I didnt think too much damage had occured. I replace the radiator, got the grill to look pretty normal. Everything was ok, so I thought. I kept mentioning that my heat shield looked different, it looks as if someone literally grabbed the exhaust pipe and shoved it up into my engine. omg. Im so not kidding. Hes freaking dead meat. Im under this damn car like some dude comparing pictures to what my motor and things are really pushed up way tight, almost touching the radiator, the hose and other stuff arent able to move. Stuff is tight and Im scared to move the engine at all. Ive got the pass side jacked up taking off the wheel, Ive gotten half the fenderwell off, what a pain and really gets ya dirty too. Im thinking all my stuff got shoved sideways when he hit that car which put stress on everything because they arent lined up correctly anymore, right. thats why things started breaking. Im so screwed. Im getting ready to call the tow truck. Is that my best option. Seems a simple mount problem has turned into a major engine problem. Advice on next move please. Its 9am sitting dirty as a pig and not a clue on what my actual damage might be.
Old 25 May 2011, 12:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: motor pushed forward/rearended someone, help

You need to get someone who specializes in collision repair to take a look.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 May 2011, 12:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
You need to get someone who specializes in collision repair to take a look.
Its not as bad as I thought, just looks bad. When I jacked up the engine everything lines up so, Im thinking Im good.

thx
Old 27 May 2011, 09:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leannaluv View Post
Its not as bad as I thought, just looks bad. When I jacked up the engine everything lines up so, Im thinking Im good.

thx
You, yourself can not tell if everything is good. You are not a trained expert. Even I wouldn't really know for sure and I'm a car guy. I'd go have it checked out.