Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I'm new to PT's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2011, 01:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default I'm new to PT's ...

I have just recently purchased an '05 convertible (2.4 turbo) and have been experiencing issues re: the following:
  1. malfunction light comes on; throws a P0301 code
  2. the code was reset by the used car dealer I bought from; a week and a half later, the code threw again when the car was idling only a minute or two
  3. passenger door doesn't always open from the interior. Seems to be okay once driver door is opened but sometimes won't even open then
  4. when I test drove the car, the A/C worked great! Haven't used since purchasing car; went to use it yesterday when wife & I were tooling around doing errands but it only blew warm air after that
  5. Am working w/dealer I bought from but am wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice I can take to the dealer's mechanic?
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide! Other than these issues, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my car!!!! I just want these issues taken care of and to not come back again - so I can not only enjoy my car but trust it, too.

Toekneesee
Old 29 May 2011, 08:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: I'm new to PT's ...

Welcome to the forum.

1/2 The P0301 code means there's a misfire with cylinder #1. The dealer reset the code so yo can't see the engine light but did he do anything to actually clear the problem. Probably not. Could be a vacuum leak or bad wire/plug or worse. Has to diagnosed.

3. Door has to be taken apart and see what's causing it not to open. Probably just an adjustment of the linkage.

4. Many reasons why it's blowing cold. Could be just low in coolant (R134a). Could be the radiator fan isn't working on both low or high speed. Could be the high pressure switch or worst case, it could be a bad compressor.

Keep working with the dealer you bought it from. Hopefully you have some sort of warranty with him.