Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Some issues with my car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2011, 04:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Some issues with my car

Hi so my mom gave me her 2001 Blue Pt Cruiser (Limited) 5-6 months ago. When i got it i changed the oil and tuned it up i have changed the oil one more time since then 2 weeks ago. Ever since i got it i've been having 3 issues with it I know that it has a broken Torque strut my mom told me that. So that's 1.
The other is my Cruise control, Fog lights, and Cigarette lighting ports don't work. And the main one i'm worried about is a click i hear when i'm rolling up in my driveway in Neutral. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the Engine and its a consistant click that will normally go away after about a minute but sometimes it doesn't stop until i start driving it again. I don't know much about cars so i'm sorry if some of this doesn't make sense. My car is a Manual and other than that there are no performance issues i drive town and highway combined and last time i checked i was getting 21 MPG so i'm happy with that.
Thank you!
Old 02 Jun 2011, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Some issues with my car

Welcome to the forum.

First, since it's an 02, you have two boxes that contain fuses and relays. One by your left knee and the other is a black box under the air filter. Both have a list of what the fuses are good for under the compartment lid. Some are written like they are in code but that's because of the space needed.

You'll want to check all the fuses that are for the problems your having. In the box by your left knee, fuse #8 is for the fog lights, fuse # 10 is for the cruise control and in the box in the engine compartment, fuse # 19 is for the power outlets.

The click could be a number of things including the brakes or ABS system and steering component inside the steering column. You might want to get it on a lift and check it out professionally.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 02 Jun 2011 at 05:00 pm.
Old 02 Jun 2011, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the forum.

First, since it's an 02, you have two boxes that contain fuses and relays. One by your left knee and the other is a black box under the air filter. Both have a list of what the fuses are good for under the compartment lid. Some are written like they are in code but that's because of the space needed.

You'll want to check all the fuses that are for the problems your having. In the box by your left knee, fuse #8 is for the fog lights, fuse # 10 is for the cruise control and in the box in the engine compartment, fuse # 19 is for the power outlets.

The click could be a number of things including the brakes or ABS system and steering component inside the steering column. You might want to get it on a lift and check it out professionally.
Awesome thank you!
Old 03 Jun 2011, 09:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Okay so i went to my local riebes and got my fuses checked turns out my #8 and #10 fuses are fine. The #19 under the hood was broken changed that and there was NO fuse in the socket that says Fog (BUS). I put a 20 in it and my fog lights and Cruise still don't work. Riebes said the next thing that it could be is a Relay? Is that one of the square looking fuses? Help is much appreciated thank you!
Old 06 Jun 2011, 06:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, The relay is the black square-like fuses. The only way i know of testing those is to switch them with other ones, for instance, A/C relay with Fog Relay. You could go out and buy relays from an auto parts store as well but if it isnt bad, you wasted money on a relay.