Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Major Issues--Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jun 2011, 06:18 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Major Issues--Help!

Hello everyone. This is my first post on here, although I have uses the forum as a reference many times.
I have an '06 Touring. Problems started about 6 months ago. At first, the RKE wasn't working properly, but the interior PL switch would work. Then that stopped about a month and a half later. One day, no interior lights when I opened the door. That was followed with the "no fuse" warning. I change put a couple of fuses and everything started working again...for about a month. One day on my way to work, the airbag lights came on whenever I would turn the wheel sharply to one side or the other. But then they would go off a couple of miles further down the road. RKE stopped again about this time as did interior PL switch. About a month ago, it started something new all together. No accessory power when car is shut off...and I mean nothing. No headlights, door chime, dome lights, horn, etc. On Friday, I went to start it after not driving it for three days--dead. Nothing. I tested and replaced battery. Now I still have the same problems, and now when you turn the key to turn over the engine, there is about a five second hesitation.
I hope someone out there can help. I love my cruiser but I really need it to be a reliable family car! Thanks in advance.
Old 03 Jun 2011, 06:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Re: Major Issues--Help!

Im no help on this but... Welcome to the forums!

Theres tons and tons of wiring around the steering area, I know that much

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 03 Jun 2011, 06:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Major Issues--Help!

Pop down that panel under the steering column and see if any wires are getting caught in the steering column itself.

If not, might have to take it somewhere to get the gremlin out.

Welcome to the forums, btw...