PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Codes p0031 & 0037, intermittent power loss, anyone familiar with it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2011, 01:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Codes p0031 & 0037, intermittent power loss, anyone familiar with it?

Hi--it's an '05 turbo automatic, the engine light stays on steadily but only some of the time (couple days or hours on, a couple off, though more & more frequently), and usually there's no effect on the performance, but also more & more frequently there is an occasional effect: no tranny response to the pedal, stays in 1st. So I have to rev it pretty hard & that's not an instant response either--but when I do, after a few seconds it will snap back into running as usual (though the engine light stays on). Anyway, the codes mean: Heater Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor (1 & 2). Can such a thing account for this? Does anyone know the fix? If so . . . infinite gratitude is yours!
Old 07 Jun 2011, 09:00 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Codes p0031 & 0037, intermittent power loss, anyone familiar with it?

It sounds as though something in your electrical system is failing, be it your battery, alternator, or the wiring. Most every component in the car is controlled electrically and a bad alternator, battery, ground, etc. can cause the issues you are experiencing. Any auto parts store will test the electrical system for you, or you can use a multimeter to test it yourself.
Old 08 Jun 2011, 12:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Codes p0031 & 0037, intermittent power loss, anyone familiar with it?

Thanks for the tip, Paul-- I know the battery is on the weak side, I'll have it all checked out asap, it'll be great if it's such a simple fix . . . Mark

Tags
intermittent power loss, p0031, p0037