Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Spark plug wires for 08?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2011, 04:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Spark plug wires for 08?

Hiya, new here, new to the PT, fairly new to Chrysler products in general. We just bought an '08 Touring with 34k miles. Still has the factory plugs and wires, which, consensus seems to say, are total crap. It's time to replace the plugs anyway, so I figure I'll do the wires at the same time. After reading a lot of threads on the subject, I decided to go with NGK plugs and MSD Ignition 32689 wires. Problem is, everywhere I look it appears that the application for the MSD wires is only up to '06. I could've sworn I saw someone on here with an '08 and the MSDs. Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I just missing something, or are these really not an option for me? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 05:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Spark plug wires for 08?

pretty sure the placement of the wires is the same for all years (with the exception of the turbo). i could be wrong, however, wouldn't be the first time.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 05:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum!! Yes, the plug wires are all the same, I got my first ones (MOPAR Performance) from the dealer. They worked great.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 14 Jun 2011, 06:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Excellent, good to know. I have no idea why the application guides all seem to say the wires are different after 06, but I'll trust you guys know what you're talking about. Thanks!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I changed mine with only 500 miles on it.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar