Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
no start no spark replaced just about everything

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default no start no spark replaced just about everything

I have an 05 2.4 turbo that will not start at all. I have replaced the fuel pump, plugs and wires, coil pack and camshaft sensor. It started after replacing the pump and would idle normally but would die if given any gas. After that it won't start. It will turn over just fine but that's it. Any ideas?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: no start no spark replaced just about everything

Is it possible your facing a different problem now and the timing belt broke?

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Is the camshaft sensor Mopar? Aftermarket sensors often don't work. Try that first, then check for spark.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 22 Jun 2011, 05:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Both the camshaft sensor and the coil pack are from the dealer. I removed the cover from the timing belt and its still intact and tight. I am seriously out of moves with this thing.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 06:31 pm
Regular Cruiser

Any codes? My 01 I just bought shows a TPS code P0124 high voltage, It turns the fuel pump off and WILL NOT START!

SOLD-----K&N FIPK CAI, MSD wires, NGK plugs
03 Dream Cruiser series 2 #1489,5sp
k&N FIPK CAI, MSD 8MM wires, NGK iridium plugs, oil catch can, AGP wastegate, Mopar BOV,Mopar Boost Gauge,Stage 1 injectors,DSP Sport tuner,VSR Anima 18" wheels, Kelly 225-40-18 tires, 3" cat delete downpipe, APS SS dual exhaust.

Now owner of a black CSRT stage 1.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

None. We checked the harness running to the coil pack and it isn't getting any power. A dealership said they ran into the same problem with a dodge neon and it ended up being the ignition control switch.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 11:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

I am having this exact problem with my daughters '05 conver. turbo. The same items have been changed as well! It broke down sunday & I was told it was the fuel pump, a day later, I was told a valve cover gasket was leaking into the spark plug wires & had to be fixed, in addition to the fuel pump. b/c of cost I was going to wait on this, but they "couldnt guarantee it wouldn't stall out at the end of the street & must be fixed" (this problem i'm unsure about, after speaking to a few people, I was told, if I had a valve cover leak, I'd have noticed & they should have seen this on their initial inspection, not a day 1/2 later). So I'm up to $900 worth of work & still not running... Last night I was told, they are stumped & have been talking to a Dodge dealership, who had a similiar problem, & it could be the ignition control module. I'm not sure how they are going to charge me on all of this or if/when they will find the problem.... I'm concerned