Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
about that "one tooth off" bumfuzzel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2011, 08:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default about that "one tooth off" bumfuzzel

hidy ho, i got through my schooling and after putting back together only to find out that it didnt idle and died i had the privilage of tearing into it a second time. the second time was alot quicker and easier. after getting back together again, (this time i checked idle before buttoning up) the car ran fine and the idle is normal, however, now when i have a load on the engine, like at a stop light, i get an engine bump like its missing and its intermitten. it comes and it goes. the belt broke at a high rpm going down the freeway but as i suspect i didnt damage the valves, i suspect timing is good. where do i go next? can it be 1/2 a tooth out? and if there is damage somewhere why does it run fine then run a miss momentarily then run fine again? thx, terry