Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
turbo intake mani on NA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2011, 11:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Default turbo intake mani on NA

i have a na pt and i have heard from several people that taking the turbo intake manifold and switching out the my manifold. are they the same? i have a 2005 base model. what do you guys know and think?
Old 18 Jul 2011, 11:41 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: turbo intake mani on NA

Don't think you'll gain anything by doing the swap. On the turbo, switching from the cast iron to the plastic did help because there was no heat soak on the plastic but on the N/A engines, we already have a plastic manifold so I dont' believe there's any advantage to the swap.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

Yeah typically folks with The metal go to the plastic. Plus the giant words turbo is misleading on the car and cold actually hinder future buyers

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 18 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I've seen a few guys doing what you trying to do and they say you will get some extra HPs. Go to ptcrew.com and you'll find those guys there.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
I've seen a few guys doing what you trying to do and they say you will get some extra HPs. Go to ptcrew.com and you'll find those guys there.
Yeah,I read the same thing over at the crew.I dont see how you would get more power though.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBluePT View Post
Yeah,I read the same thing over at the crew.I dont see how you would get more power though.
Probably the same guys who put in the Throttle Body Spacer and not only up'd the HP but doubled the gas mileage.

Most people won't admit spending time and money and getting robbed. If your after 1 or 2 HP, then your doing a lot of drag strip racing where that might count. Taking out the back seats would do more and cost nothing. The driver losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt either.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 01:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I believe it has to do with because size of the intake manifold and the way the air flows . It's like when you have a 5 speed GT with the 47mm throttle body and you put auto 52mm throttle body, you get more throttle response.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 01:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

so what do you guys think. if i find a pt part out on craigslist or something that i can get one at a junk yard cheap then i might do the switch. what do you guys think. from what i am reading some of you say yes do and some say its basically the same as the na manifold
Old 18 Jul 2011, 01:20 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

New is about $100....sign on ptcrew.com and read this link: PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 01:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

ok ill have to get a account with them! everyone has said about that site and i never really got on to read anything