PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A/C diagram for 2001 PT Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2011, 07:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default A/C diagram for 2001 PT Cruiser

Hello everyone
I am new to the site and am looking for a A/C diagram for a 2001 Cruiser as I am having A/C issues. My A/C is cycling on and off and only blowing hot air and I believe it to be the Low Pressure Switch. Any got a diagram or a picture of it so I know where I am looking. Thanks!
Old 22 Jul 2011, 07:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A/C diagram for 2001 PT Cruiser

The LPS is on top of the Accumulator. East to take off, you won't loose any Freon but there's tiny "O" ring on the bottom, be careful or it will split when you put the new switch in.

After all that ...you don't need a new switch. The compressor wouldn't be cycling if the switch was bad but you can put a new one if you like. It's cheap and easy.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 09:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

That's not the problem? You got an idea what the problem is then? I'd really like to try and get this fixed. Thanks
Old 22 Jul 2011, 09:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, a couple things could cause warm air. Not the right hi and low pressure or not enough freon to get the system up to pressure. If the compressor is cycling every few seconds, that's a sure sign of low pressure caused by low freon.

Another thing could be a blockage somewhere in the system. But I'd try getting the system up to pressure and the right pressure on both sides. That's the easiest thing to do.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Aug 2011, 05:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Bought a recharge kit with gaugeand it shows that low is really high like in the 70's. Decided to take it to local sears and they verified this. The totattly bled the system and did a full recharge with die and also oil for right around $125.00 which incudes a 6 mo. warranty. Not bad. Thanks for the redirection
Old 02 Aug 2011, 10:44 am
Fresh Cruiser

Let us know if you lose the charge over time. Mine works fine after evac & charge, but blows warm again in 3-4 days. One shop says a leak in the liquid line ($400), another shop says total rebuild of system ($1800). Hard to trust anyone now days...
Old 06 Aug 2011, 02:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Running fine so far and don't see any signs of blood (aka: dye) leakage yet! If it stops working by winter I'll post back.