Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Radio not receiving power?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jul 2011, 02:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Radio not receiving power?

I recently changed my instrumental panel lights on my 2002 pt cruiser. I followed the directions that were listed in the thread located here. Some of the lights are not working but that may because i installed them the wrong side(flip them over). Seeing that all the lights are currently not on the instrument panel is it causing my radio to not receive power?

May my battery be going bad?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 25 Jul 2011, 09:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Radio not receiving power?

Try 2 things -
If you have an adjustible steering wheel, try moving it (harness gets pinched).
Push in on the ignition key - sometime the locks start to get loose and not make contact.
Both of those have been reported helping others with similar problems.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 25 Jul 2011, 03:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

It seem my radio got fried when i was putting the negative battery back on When I put the standard pt cruiser radio back in it worked. Knew i should have un hook the radio .

Is their anyway to see if its just the wiring that was fried? Or if the wiring is fried the whole radio is gone?

If not i will be buying a new deck
Old 25 Jul 2011, 03:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Pop on down to our Sound and Security section. There's a few guys that hang out there that live and breathe radio stuff.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.