PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
alarm, RKE problem horn sounding randomly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2011, 11:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default alarm, RKE problem horn sounding randomly

Hi,

i seem to be having a few issues with RKE, firstly the fob has never worked since i bought the car second hand. The rear door locks have been randomly trying to lock/unlock when driving and when car is stood on driveway. I found a thread suggesting removing fuse #3 which seems to have cured the locks clunking, however now the horn is randomly sounding. (this can be once every 10 minutes to once every half hour) Is there a way to somehow disable the alarm system? as i am guessing the horn sounding has something to do with alarm (ive never heard alarm properly go off) thanks
Old 01 Aug 2011, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: alarm, RKE problem horn sounding randomly

Do headlights flash when horn goes off? I'm wondering if it is the RKE acting up and not the alarm. When you lock via RKE, the horn can toot (and lights flash) - it can be programmed not to, but if your fobs aren't working that's problematic.
DO you get any door symbols on dash?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles