Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Intermittent problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Intermittent problem

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me out with a problem. My wife drives a '03 (Limited, automatic, 130,000 miles) that's got an intermittent problem. A month ago we got a fault code that read out to be a bad O2 sensor (sensor 1, bank 1). I replaced the sensor, cleared the code but then a few days later the code reappeared. If I clear the code it shows up again sometime later (can be minutes or days later). If I don't clear the code sometimes it resets on it's own. Yesterday something new happened that I'm not sure if it's related to the sensor code but thought I should mention it. I pulled out of our driveway and started down the street and the throttle acted like it was not connected to the engine. No matter how much I pushed down on the gas the engine did not respond. After I let up on the gas and tried a couple of times it started working.

If anyone has any ideas what to look it would sure be helpful. I know my way around cars pretty well but these newer computer controlled cars are a lot harder to troubleshot.

Thanks in advance for you help.

JP
Old 01 Aug 2011, 01:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Intermittent problem

welcome.
did you replace the 02 sensor with a mopar brand? these cars don't like aftermarket sensors for some reason.
Old 01 Aug 2011, 02:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I did not replace with one from Mopar, I used a Bosch brand. If I can't find anything else I'll give Mopar a try.

Thanks

John
Old 01 Aug 2011, 03:13 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got some bad gas at a Texaco station once and it acted that way. For the heck of it throw a large bottle of Chevron Techron in the gas tank to clean out the lines and injectors.

BTW: Do you have a Vette? What year?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Aug 2011, 03:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got some bad gas at a Texaco station once and it acted that way. For the heck of it throw a large bottle of Chevron Techron in the gas tank to clean out the lines and injectors.

87 here

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Aug 2011, 03:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post

87 here

I have two Corvettes, a '62 and a '66. Both pruchsed in less than top notch shape but I've worked both of them into upper level drivers. '62 has a crate 330/350, 4 speed, posi (numbers matching engine under work bench) and the '66 is a 327/350, 4 speed, 3.70 posi, PS, PB, PW, factory AC car. Here are couple of pictures:

John

Last edited by CREWZIN; 01 Aug 2011 at 04:50 pm.