Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Odd problem with overheating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Aug 2011, 02:03 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Odd problem with overheating

Ok so my car USED to overheat if i ran he AC. I have no job and no money so i cannot get this car looked at. But 2 weeks ago my battery died cause my gps was left on in the car for 2 days straight. So i get out the charger and let it charge for 6 hours. I do the usual and check water in the radiator that day before heading out. Well it is hot here in fl so i say screw it and flip on the AC to get 5 minutes of cool air before i head to the store. I closely keep and eye on the temp gauge to shut it off when it goes nuclear. But to my delight it never did! So i push my luck i sit in the car cooling down intently watching the gauge. 10 minutes go by still cool! So i think hrmm that's odd. Because for over a year it would do this consistently without fail. So for the next few weeks everywhere i go AC is blasting. And to my surprise it doesn't overheat ever! Anyone have ANY idea why who what when where i mean im lost?
Old 06 Aug 2011, 03:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Odd problem with overheating

If I were you I'd get on my knees and say

The battery shouldn't have anything to do with why your A/C works all of a sudden unless you accidentally did something to affect the fan which probably wasn't working. Did you nudge any wiring harness, or touch anything around the fan?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Odd problem with overheating

No i dont think i did atleast. All i did was hook the charger up to the battery let it sit for 5-6 hours. Now it just works its weird but yes i did get on my knees and said ty lord!