PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2006 radiator fan kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2011, 03:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2006 radiator fan kit

Hello all,

Wondering if someone could shed some light on the radiator fan parts.

My daughter's 2006 cruiser was blowing warm air in ac mode. Long story short it is the fan. It does not come on.

My question is I just got the part from autozone and it does not look like my daughters fan complex. Hers has the relays on the lower left hand shroud (while you are standing in front of the car looking down at the fan).

The one from auto zone only has one power plug (three wire). Are these fans interchangeable. There does not appear to be any holes to mount the relays.

If anyone knows for sure please let me know. I have a feeling I will be returning the part to autozone and will need to go to the dealer.

Thank you,

Seth
Old 10 Aug 2011, 05:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2006 radiator fan kit

It sounds like AZ gave you the wrong fan. The 01-05 cruisers had the relays inside the power box in the engine compartment. In 2006+ models, the electrical configuration of the whole car changed and they moved the relays to the shroud of the fan.

They gave you the fan for the earlier models.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Aug 2011, 05:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unless you cannot wait, try this parts site. Their prices are the best I have seen around. Best part is that they carry parts for ALL makes and models...RockAuto Parts Catalog

RockAuto Auto Parts
Old 10 Aug 2011, 06:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

thanks guys. I had a feeling I would be returning this to AZ.

I would love to give Rockauto.com a try. The problem I have with all these sites is that the actual product does not match the image. it would be great if I could speak to a live person to make sure the part is exactly what I need!

Has anyone with a 2006 cruiser in need of a fan kit with the relays on the shroud purchased from them and got the correct part??

I may still go back to the dealer so when they get the wrong part I could tell them to reorder!

Thanks again,

Seth
Old 10 Aug 2011, 08:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Well, you've experienced what quite a few PT owners have - the fan they sold you is a universal that fits the PT, that doesn't make it the correct one for the PT. They'll tell you it fits, but they need to look at their products as it's not the correct one.

It's like you wear a size 10 shoe, and they say a size 12 fits, well, yeah it does but is it really the correct one?!?
Old 11 Aug 2011, 08:59 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwpate5 View Post
Unless you cannot wait, try this parts site. Their prices are the best I have seen around. Best part is that they carry parts for ALL makes and models...RockAuto Parts Catalog

RockAuto Auto Parts
Rock Auto definitely has good prices and selection. The only complaint I have about them is sometimes their shipping prices are a bit off. If you think the shipping price is too high, give them a call. I found two identical parts from different manufacturers: one wa about $8.00 in shipping and the other was about $175 in shipping. I called them and they fixed the $175 shipping cost. Turns out they had never shipped that item before and were using an estimate based on the part type (the part I needed was the passenger side outer radiator closure and the shipping was based on the entire radiator core support assembly).
Old 11 Aug 2011, 09:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Agreed - nothing but good from rockauto. I had qualms about them too - no pics, don't see what you get, but sure as day the right stuff showed up with everything I need.