Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
A/C weird after replace intake gaskets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default A/C weird after replace intake gaskets

I just replaced the intake gaskets (upper & lower) on my 2001 Cruiser, 2.4L, non-turbo. The A/C was fine before the repair (not sure gaskets were leaking, just preventive maintenance). Now the A/C will cycle once (blows cold, compressor return line sweats) then not come back on. Even stranger the compressor only comes on when the high speed radiator fan comes on (this fan doesn't stay on either, cycles). When the radiator fan cycles on again, no A/C compressor. Checked refrigerent with gauges (good) and jumped cycle switch on receiver/drier (compressor did not engage). Radiator fan is new (1 month old). Though the radiator fan should stay on while A/C switch was on also? Seems to be two issues. Any ideas?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 03:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: A/C weird after replace intake gaskets

The fan should stay on with the A/C. The whole thing runs by the computer. The only thing I can suggest is for you to reset the computer. Take the negative battery off for about 10 minutes, then re-attach and see what's happening.