Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Adding Freon Help plz..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Sep 2011, 11:51 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Adding Freon Help plz..

Hi, I did a search on freon could not find a post on how to or any one alse trying to add, I have the freon gauge all ready to go just trying to find a video or any one with tips on how to , or not To..
I have a 2004 pt cruiser on my haynes book its not the same engine pictures for adding freon just want to make sure i don t frack anything alse.
Old 09 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Adding Freon Help plz..

Lots of threads with people trying to find the low pressure port on some of the cruisers. They changed location or access around 2004. if that's your problem here's a thread trying to explain where it's at.

AC recharge port for 2005 classic

As far as wanting to know how to do it. The can of freon (R134a) gives some instructions on the can itself. If your low and need to add some, you should find out why it's low as a good system will not need replenishment for several years. If the leak is big enough, whatever you put in will come right out.
Old 09 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

I gave it a try and after 30 minutes i gave up i had some cold air coming out be for i started now its just hot air ..

I noticed that the only time freon was pumping in when the front fan kicked on but that only lasted for a few seconds.. the the line would get super cold once the fan kicked off the the pressure would clime and the line would get hot again. is the front fan to be on so it charges?

the other problem is am afraid of the pressure when the gauge would clime to the red , or high pressure i would close the value thinking it might pop or somthing... never done this before.
Old 09 Sep 2011, 01:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That's why I only let a professional work on my system. I use a place called Ice Cold Air and they haven't let me down yet.

The fan is supposed to be on any time the A/C is turned on.
Old 09 Sep 2011, 01:12 pm
Regular Cruiser

so after reading some other posts i see that if its low on freon the fan wont kick on... so i have to find a ways to keep it on..
Old 09 Sep 2011, 03:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I'm also trying to figure out where the AC low pressure service port is on my '06 non-turbo PT.

I spotted this from the passenger side, underneath the manifold:

Is that it? Because it looks hard to reach

Last edited by moosetracks; 09 Sep 2011 at 03:20 pm.