PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
"chip help"

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 01:25 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Default "chip help"

I have a 2003 pt no turbo and looking for people with experience of the various tunes and chips out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. looking for max hp and fuel economy..

Thanks in advance
jay
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 01:41 pm
Kawizx9r's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: "chip help"

Use the search function and look up 'chips'

They're useless.

Keep your tires properly inflated and don't drive at excessive speeds.

Anticipate stops and slowly come to a halt when approaching a red light or stop sign. Don't floor it as you accelerate anywhere and when driving keep the car in OD if automatic or in a higher gear if it's a manual.

Proper maintenance will also help. Good spark plugs, clean o2 sensors and so forth also help as well as a nice clean fuel and air filter.
__________________
My Toy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 02:09 pm
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: "chip help"

Some people at ptcrew used the Jet Chips and they say the do work
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 02:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Default Re: "chip help"

ty so much for your input. Not sure i can not mash gas when i am taking off though. lol
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 02:50 pm
Kawizx9r's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: "chip help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
Some people at ptcrew used the Jet Chips and they say the do work
Some chips have a small 'tweak' or preset that mess with sensor readings to 'lean' or 'richen' things out a bit and are recommended if you've added so-and-so IE cold-air or something. This could cause the small 'performance' boost.

Other chips are a canned tune, such as the tune that's included in the Diablosport Predator tuner (93OCT).

The OP has an N/A. Doubt he'll see much improvement anywhere without spending a pretty penny though if he wants to save on gas mileage, I'd recommend going with what I suggested above.
__________________
My Toy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 03:16 pm
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: "chip help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Some chips have a small 'tweak' or preset that mess with sensor readings to 'lean' or 'richen' things out a bit and are recommended if you've added so-and-so IE cold-air or something. This could cause the small 'performance' boost.

Other chips are a canned tune, such as the tune that's included in the Diablosport Predator tuner (93OCT).

The OP has an N/A. Doubt he'll see much improvement anywhere without spending a pretty penny though if he wants to save on gas mileage, I'd recommend going with what I suggested above.
They talked about Stage 1, 2 and 3 for those Jet chip...

PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 03:25 pm
Kawizx9r's Avatar
Senior Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: "chip help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
They talked about Stage 1, 2 and 3 for those Jet chip...

PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
Yeah and that goes with what I explained above - it's a preset tune based on pre-requisites.

If you read about the N/A guy talking about Jet stage chips, you'll see that he stated each chip upgrade needed more/specific mods. Those don't come cheap/free.
__________________
My Toy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 03:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: "chip help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Yeah and that goes with what I explained above - it's a preset tune based on pre-requisites.

If you read about the N/A guy talking about Jet stage chips, you'll see that he stated each chip upgrade needed more/specific mods. Those don't come cheap/free.
Yes, I know...there is no magic "chip" here but according to these guys you can get a chip that will work with the specified mods
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 04:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,324
Default Re: "chip help"

Cheaper just to go with the DiabloSport Predator....
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2011, 04:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,943
Default Re: "chip help"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Cheaper just to go with the DiabloSport Predator....
But he is a N/A
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2002 Pearl Almond Limited Pt "Custom Route 66 " Edition rt66pt Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 59 04 Mar 2013 12:49 am
How to install the center motor mounts, or "Right engine mount" Leroy PT Cruiser Videos 0 21 Aug 2011 08:21 pm
Turbo "phhsssss" or "whoosh" sound--Normal? Silenceable? Help! Memark General Turbo Discussions 13 24 Nov 2010 10:56 pm
Part number for "PT" door emblems on 2008 Dream Cruiser 5 gpr75 General PT Cruiser Discussions 6 16 Jul 2010 12:15 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors