PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
how to replace your upper motor mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2011, 07:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default how to replace your upper motor mount

hi all -

just replaced my upper motor mount on my 03 gt turbo with 74K miles.

save yourself some money and do it yourself. it's easy! it took me less than 30 minutes.

NOTE: the motor mount i replaced (there's 4) is on the far left-side of the engine compartment under the low pressure (large rubber) a/c line. this mount deteriorates the quickest, as it it's constantly subjected to engine heat. constant heat and torque - make its rubber inner core - crumble.

how to replace the upper engine mount:

use a 1/2" ratchet and extension.

remove the 18mm bolt
remove the 2-15mm bolts.
"walk out" the motor mount.

place the old mount in a vise and use a 18mm socket to remove the bolt that is attached to the c-shaped bracket.

the new mount (at least the one i got) does not include the center metal hub like the OEM one had. it has been substituted with an all-rubber configuration. (see pic).

bolt the 18mm bolt through the new mount and into the c-shaped bracket, then tighten.

"walk" the new mount back in, while lining up the 2-15mm and 1-18mm holes.

drop the bolts in. tighten the 18mm first, then the 15mm farthest from the firewall. tighten the other 15mm bolt (closest to the firewall) last.

the anchor engine mount brand part number is #2948. it can be found on rockauto.com for less than $20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(58).jpg (95.7 KB, 48 views)
gt model, modified airbox with cold air induction, magnecor plug wires, tyc b/up lenses, chrome grille kit, retro 3d taillights painted steel blue, buick-style portholes, nomad chevy trunk trim, blue interior light strips, and massive turned down diesel-type exhaust tip.

Last edited by pppt03turbo; 13 Sep 2011 at 05:13 am.