PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vacuum Diagrams- 2002 PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2011, 09:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Vacuum Diagrams- 2002 PT

Hey, guys.
I looked in the PT Cruiser Workshop Manual .pdf file, and couldn't find what I was looking for. Would anyone have a copy of the vacuum diagram for all of the connections under the hood in a 2002 PT? I wanted to inspect them all to make sure that all was well.

I replaced the plugs and plug wires over the weekend and there is a noticeable positive difference in overall performance. I still have a little of the stuttering under deceleration that I noticed before the plug/wire change. I was wondering if any of it might be vacuum related. It accelerates just fine with no issues there. Did the key dance as well...nothing stored at all.

Just looking for some possibilities here, as I don't recall this stuttering under deceleration when we first got the PT, when it only had 59,000 miles on it(now has 120,000 on odometer).

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05 Oct 2011, 02:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Vacuum Diagrams- 2002 PT

If you open the hood, on the top of the front grill support bracket, there's a white sheet glued to the bracket. On the right side is a vacuum line diagram that I think has all the information you need.
Old 05 Oct 2011, 06:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hey, Carey. Thanks for the info. I had completely forgotten about the sticker under the hood...duh! After having driven it a couple of days with the new plugs/plug wires, I popped the hood last night and double checked the intake manifold bolts and the EGR tube bolts, and tightened them all just a tiny bit more. The car didn't seem to be doing the deceleration stumble on the way home today, so perhaps all is well. Almost forgot to ask you...are the O2 sensors two of those items that PT Cruisers only like genuine Mopar versions of, instead of Bosch,etc.? I asked this in another post and never did get an answer.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 05 Oct 2011, 06:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Normally, I'd say stick with the Chrysler products, but I myself bought Bosch 02 sensors a couple years back and they have been doing fine with no codes. I changed them at 90,000 just because I thought it was about time. I have 110,000 (almost) now.
Old 05 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

That's good to know. Thanks! Is there a recommended replacent interval for them? Also, when they fail, do they just fail all at once and throw a code, or can they go bad gradually, and not throw a code? Is the upstream one more likely to go than the one mounted in the cat ? Just curious...
Old 05 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I don't have any answers to any of those questions.
Old 05 Oct 2011, 10:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks anyway, Carey. No big deal. You've been so helpful to me on other issues that I've had. I appreciate your honesty.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 11:41 am
Regular Cruiser

Hey, guys.
After running for almost 2 weeks now on new plugs and wires, the PT has started the feeling of a stumble or stutter when I back off the gas at highway cruising speed. It hasn't thrown any codes or lit up the check engine light. Is there any possibility that this could be a MAP sensor issue(assuming that PT's have one)? If it had anything to do with a MAP sensor, would it throw a code?

Sorry for what must seem like stupid questions to some. I've never had a vehicle that had deceleration issues similar to this before, and the lack of codes to help with the troubleshooting is very frustrating, as I can't really afford to just shotgun this by throwing parts at it.

Thanks for any useful input or suggestions you can offer.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, the PT's do have a MAP sensor but it should throw a fault code if it's bad.