PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Will a slipping, nonfunctioning transmission be covered under drivetrain warranty?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2011, 06:30 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Will a slipping, nonfunctioning transmission be covered under drivetrain warranty?

The transmission on our '04 has been slipping, and now the car has no reverse, and will barely go forward. We've taken it in several months back for the same problem. The car has a 7/70 drivetrain warranty, currently the car has 66K miles and we've owned it slightly less than 7 years. The code is showing P 0700. Should this be covered under the warranty, or will we be hit with a costly repair bill tomorrow when the dealership opens (they're closed today)? I guess what I need to know is whether or not these transmission problems could be caused by "non-drivetrain" computer related issues, therefore not covered under warranty. What exactly causes the slipping issues with these trannys?

Last edited by Rumble; 09 Oct 2011 at 06:36 pm.
Old 09 Oct 2011, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Will a slipping, nonfunctioning transmission be covered under drivetrain warranty

It should be covered but you'll have to pay the $100 deductible. If it was in for the same reason before, be sure to take with you any paperwork that you have. Usually, the problems are totally related to the transaxle itself and not computer related.

The P0700 fault code is just a generic code saying that something wrong with the transaxle. Further diagnostics are needed to pinpoint the problem.
Old 09 Oct 2011, 07:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Will a slipping, nonfunctioning transmission be covered under drivetrain warranty

Thanks Crewzin, I'll be sure to take the paperwork tomorrow.
Old 09 Oct 2011, 09:40 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Make sure they replace torque converter, flush lines and heat exchanger.
I'd prefer that dealership techs repair it instead of a 'reman'
Old 10 Oct 2011, 07:18 pm
Young Cruiser

Looks like they're going to have to operate. I was told it may be a day or two before they can tell me what the problem is, as it appears to be something internal. I was also told that it would be covered under the drivetrain warranty.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 07:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
I was also told that it would be covered under the drivetrain warranty.

Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm
Veteran Cruiser

^^^ x2