Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Timing Belt Change Completed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2011, 11:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Timing Belt Change Completed

I started on Thursday to replace the timing belt and hardware on my 2005 w/ 104k. I ordered a mix of OEM and aftermarket parts. On Thursday I concentrated on removal of the belts, exhaust, motor mounts and PS pump. I did not disconnect the A/C. While disassembling, I decided to change a control arm bushing too. Had to work Friday, so continued on Sat. XtrmDC2 came over and we released the final bolts on center and transmission mounts. Lowering the drivers side allowed us to work with more room on the passenger side. Getting the engine support bracket out and back in was a difficult task. Before removing the belt, we marked the position of the old one and transferred the markings to the new one. This gave us a perfect alignment on the first try. We had to use a mirror to view the tensioner adjustment. The car started right up and is running fine. It's a shame we put all this effort in and we're extremely happy the car is running just like it was before we started. Having someone to assist that's done the job before is priceless. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. The job is a bitch, and my back is hurting, but I didn't have to pay a mechanic's bill. Once again thanks to XtrmDC2 and the posts of the forum to get the job done.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.

Last edited by compdr59; 17 Oct 2011 at 11:13 pm.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:59 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Timing Belt Change Completed

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!
Old 18 Oct 2011, 11:27 am
Dedicated Cruiser

You are welcome !!!! we still got to get together for a Heineken ....I hope we can do it when I finish my garage aka "man cave", before the winter
Old 18 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

good job guys!

that's why they get about a grand for labor charges, cause it's a bee-itch to do!

2001 PT Cruiser 5-speed; 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass S; 1990 Chevy 454SS
www.rcktpwrd.com