PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
automatic transmission (2002 pt cruiser)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Oct 2011, 10:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to javolier
Question automatic transmission (2002 pt cruiser)

a 2002 pt cruiser (automatic transmission)
i can put a transmission from another pt of different years?
or must be the same year?

(I mean an automatic transmission)

thanks for your advice
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: automatic transmission (2002 pt cruiser)

Manners?
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
Manners?
LMAO...

@Jav, many of us here have a predilection for good spelling and good grammar. Goes along with good mods on good PT's.

As to your question, yes, up to 2006. Now I'm sure you can put an '06 and up tranny in it, but you may have some wiring changes since the '06 and up run on the CANBUS system. Do you know what tranny you currently have? Are you having problems with it or just looking to upgrade? And are you talking auto versus manual? You'd have to do some pretty big changes to fit a manual tranny in it, but it's still possible.

En cuanto a tu pregunta, sí, hasta el año 2006. Ahora estoy seguro de que usted puede poner un 06 y hasta transaxle en él, pero usted puede tener algunos cambios en el cableado desde el '06 y hasta ejecutar en el sistema CANBUS. ¿Sabes lo que transaxle que tiene actualmente? ¿Está teniendo problemas con él o simplemente que desean actualizar? Y estás hablando de automatic en comparación con manual? Habría que hacer algunos cambios bastante grandes para adaptarse a un manual de transaxle en él, pero aún es posible.

My spanish is very rusty so if I just told you the measurements to Miss June from Playboy, well I apologize!

Last edited by Chromenut; 18 Oct 2011 at 09:45 pm.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:37 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfrodolives View Post
Manners?
He is from Mexico and using a translator
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

And he seems a nice fellow, lost of posts here, so we can be nice to him. Like to have a few amigos down in Mexico with PT's!!

And just for Jav:

Y parece un buen tipo, pérdida de puestos de aquí, así que puede ser amable con él. Me gustaría tener un poco más abajo amigos en México con PT!
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
And he seems a nice fellow, lost of posts here, so we can be nice to him. Like to have a few amigos down in Mexico with PT's!!

And just for Jav:

Y parece un buen tipo, pérdida de puestos de aquí, así que puede ser amable con él. Me gustaría tener un poco más abajo amigos en México con PT!
Man!!!! you just cursed the guy and told him to go to hell in Spanish

LOL....just kidding
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Si digo esto de forma incorrecta, probablemente soy el que va al infierno!
Old 19 Oct 2011, 07:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
LMAO...

@Jav, many of us here have a predilection for good spelling and good grammar. Goes along with good mods on good PT's.

As to your question, yes, up to 2006. Now I'm sure you can put an '06 and up tranny in it, but you may have some wiring changes since the '06 and up run on the CANBUS system. Do you know what tranny you currently have? Are you having problems with it or just looking to upgrade? And are you talking auto versus manual? You'd have to do some pretty big changes to fit a manual tranny in it, but it's still possible.

En cuanto a tu pregunta, sí, hasta el año 2006. Ahora estoy seguro de que usted puede poner un 06 y hasta transaxle en él, pero usted puede tener algunos cambios en el cableado desde el '06 y hasta ejecutar en el sistema CANBUS. ¿Sabes lo que transaxle que tiene actualmente? ¿Está teniendo problemas con él o simplemente que desean actualizar? Y estás hablando de automatic en comparación con manual? Habría que hacer algunos cambios bastante grandes para adaptarse a un manual de transaxle en él, pero aún es posible.

My spanish is very rusty so if I just told you the measurements to Miss June from Playboy, well I apologize!

jaja, en primer lugar gracias por tomarte tu tiempo, a dar tu opinion a esta fea dramatica de ingles LOL. y tambien claro que entiendo tu español, aun si tu lo escribieras mal yo lo entenderia =D, tambien agradesco al compañero XtrmDC2 que siempre me apolla (tambien sabe español), saludos.

bueno si, mi transmision es automatica y quiero cambiarla por que me a dado problemas, y quiero cambiarla por una igual, me refiero a otra automatica.
mi pregunta es, si puedo poner una transmision ami pt cruiser 2002 de un pt cruiser 2003, 2004, etc.

si la transmision de un 2003, tengo que cambiarle otra cosa?

si la transmision de un 2004, tengo que cambiarle otra cosa?

etc.

aver si me entiende lo que escrivo.

saludos cordiales
Old 19 Oct 2011, 09:24 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Jav, should be no problem up to 2006. Only concern I have about 2006 and newer models is the CANBUS system, which differs from the earlier models. I'm hoping someone else will speak up here because I'm not all that familiar with the automatic transmission, but the 41TE is the model I would think you would want to look for. Supposedly it's better than the average transmission.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 10:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: automatic transmission (2002 pt cruiser)

Quote:
Jav, should be no problem up to 2006. Only concern I have about 2006 and newer models is the CANBUS system, which differs from the earlier models. I'm hoping someone else will speak up here because I'm not all that familiar with the automatic transmission, but the 41TE is the model I would think you would want to look for. Supposedly it's better than the average transmission.

ok. thanks for your information
me alegra que alguien como usted se tome su tiempo para compartir.
es una esperiencia mia, que despues compartire cuando ponga la transmision

Best Regards