Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
missfire 20lt pt cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2011, 12:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default missfire 20lt pt cruiser

my cruiser has developed a missfire..... at low revs it feels like it holds back and then goes ok... once up to speed it runs fine... it has an lpg conversion and when running on gas the missfire is a little worse.. i have changed the plugs but still it missfires.. i was wondering if it is a common problem or will i have to take it to a garage to hook it up to a computer... i was thinking along the lines of engine timing but not sure thanks
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: missfire 20lt pt cruiser

Welcome to the forum. We are mostly based in the U.S. and the 2.0 ltr engine isn't made for the U.S. market but a lot of problems to pertain to both engine.

An LPG conversion is another matter. I've never heard of one over here. If that is your problem you'll probably need some expert help wherever you are.

You said you changed the plugs with no change in your problem but did you change the wires also? Over hear the stock wires that are put on at the factory don't last very long and break down pretty fast. If you haven't changes wires, my suggestion is to do so first and see if it helps.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 02:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hi thanks for the advice i will replace the leads and see if it makes a difference.. will post on here either way .. .. .. .. rob
Old 20 Nov 2011, 01:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ordered some leads today once installed i will up date ... while im on here i have a problem with the power windows as well... they will always go up but sometimes the fronts will not go down ... its an intermittent fault but when they stop working if they are down they will still go up but not down back windows are fine
Old 20 Nov 2011, 02:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

When they won't move, do you hear the motor trying to move the window or dead silence? Actually, the more I think about it, the problem is probably in the window switch itself, the one on the front dash. Do you know how to take that window switch out. Pry it gently from all sides, it slides right out. Two electrical connections (one to each set of switches). Make sure they are good and secure and the connections aren't loose.