Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help needed on frustrating front bumper install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2011, 07:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help needed on frustrating front bumper install

Hi all, just bought a nice 2003 Vintage Edition Cruiser. Changed the headlights but I'm having trouble putting the front bumper fascia back on. The plastic tabs in which the screws fit and screw underneath the rad do not reach al the way to the screw holes.
I've taken the fascia on and off a number of times thinking there's something getting in the way but the styrofoam insert is sitting nice and tight on the metal bumper.
The only thought that comes to mind is that prior to removing the fascia I removed the bottom rad cross member to gain access to the rad drain cock cause it's flat plastic part (which is used as a handle to open and close the drain cock) was broken. I'm sure I put the cross member back on properly, as it only seems to go back on one way, so I can't see why the fascia screw tabs can't reach all the way to the screw holes..
Any one have a similar problem re-fitting the fascia?
Edit: In case this should go to a different forum, maybe the admin can move it if need be. Thanks

Last edited by AylmerQc; 24 Nov 2011 at 07:56 pm. Reason: Added note.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 09:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Help needed on frustrating front bumper install

This part of the forum is fine. I went through the service manual but the pictures don't show anything that would help you. I'm sure there's just something in the way to let the front fascia fit back tightly. If your doing it alone, maybe some help in getting both ends back on would help or the other person can see something your not seeing.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 08:25 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Help needed on frustrating front bumper install

Yes, I looked at the manual myself and can't see any reason it won't fit.
Winter's here, I'm working in the cold and just want to get it back on the road so I'll put it back together best way I can and have a good look at it in the spring.
Thanks