Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
misfire code at idle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Dec 2011, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default misfire code at idle

My wife drive's an 06 pt cruiser non turbo with 70,000 miles on it. Twice in the last month it's shown a misfire code. 1 for cyl #1 and 1 for cyl #4. It seems to clear itself up by itself both times. I put new plugs and wires on it and checked the compression (just because I had it apart) It was 180psi across the board. I left the reader in the car for 2 weeks and it didn't any codes between the two times. Both times its been when the weather is cold. I ran a can of Seafoam injector cleaner through it after the first time. I'm starting to wonder if there is a cold start? injector that is flooding a plug causing the misfire code? Is it possible? or has anyone else had a similar issue. I searched but couldn't find anything similar. The car is going to get scanned at our local dealer to check the 02 sensor in any event but any ideas/tips would be appreciated.
Old 03 Dec 2011, 10:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: misfire code at idle

I have the same problem and have done some of the same repairs. I changed plugs and wires change upper manifold gaskets. I have 0304 code that keeps coming up when when the weather changes from warm to colder when I first start the engine. Cruzin says it may be a head gasket. but I going to have injections clean first before I take it to a dealer. I will let u know if I fix the problem.
Old 05 Dec 2011, 08:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

On sat I ran it into the dealer. The 02 sensor checked out OK. They upgraded the ECM because the car had never been in the shop. There was one upgrade pertaining to water temp so we are hoping that will help. I'm going to do a pressure test on the cooling system and keep an eye on that.
Old 06 Dec 2011, 08:33 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Had injectors cleaned looks like it fix the problem Weather turning colder by weekend if i have a problem i will update
Old 08 Dec 2011, 08:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

check engine light back on