Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
figured it out!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2011, 08:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Default figured it out!!

ok so i had absolutly no spark in my pt checked the coil. changed the coil and still no spark?? changed BOTH cam and crank sensors and still no spark. so... i went to change the cam sensor again and as soon as i un plugged it ALL 4 cylinders were sparking, with just having the key in the on position... long story short.. my arm got one hell of a shock... my car has spark with out cranking the motor over. and i have traced it back to my computer???
( took the comp outta the new pt we just aquired... ) the car runs for about 3 seconds and stalls (fail safe security) lol

is there any way to have my old pcm "reflashed" or is she toast?? (mmm... toast...)
Old 05 Dec 2011, 04:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: figured it out!!

I'm no expert on the computer part of it but If you weren't getting the P0601 computer fault code, I would think it's OK and should be good to go.
Old 06 Dec 2011, 08:19 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: figured it out!!

That was my inital thought. but what else would explain the coil sparking, even wen your not cranking the motor over??
and wen i tried the other computer why would that problem stop; and the car fire up?? i am by no means a computer "wizz" expecially wen it comes to automotive. (unless its the snap-on diagnostic computers...)