PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
engine light on occasionally po243

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Dec 2011, 06:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default engine light on occasionally po243

new to this forum as this is our first PT

the engine light came on today and wouldnt rev above 2500 rpm so after bit of searching on here for tips etc i got the fault code po243 - turbo waste gate solenoid 1

could anyone shed anymore light on this please?

thanks in advance

edit...sorry should add its a 2002 2.2 diesel and im in uk

Last edited by thejester; 23 Dec 2011 at 07:35 pm.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 05:11 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: engine light on occasionally po243

anyone...please...?????
Old 27 Dec 2011, 07:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

They don't make Diesels in the U.S. but your problem should be the same as the gas engines and nothing to do with the diesel engine itself.

I found these in a search. Maybe it will help.

error code P0243

Turbo Wastegate Solenoid 1

BTW: Your solenoids look like this only they will be on the other side of the engine bay since your in the UK.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 Dec 2011 at 07:13 am.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 03:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

cheers for the reply Crewzin, i was hoping you'd come along with advice as when i was searching you seemed to reply to a lot of technical posts

some of what i have read makes sense...so...if im reading right....the first thing to try is swapping number 3 wastegate sol in the pic for number ???...which one would be best to try...will try get some time to investigate the pipes etc...havent really been in engine bay yet so time to get hands dirty i reckon

presume no diesels due to cost of fuel over there being so much cheaper?
Old 27 Dec 2011, 03:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Diesels started out years and years ago as smoky, polluting vehicles and filling stations were hard to find. Don't think that stigma ever went away. Not sure of the exact reason Chrysler decided not to produce them for the states. Lots of people would love to have one.

I don't have a turbo and don't know a lot about them so can't tell you which one to swap. Hopefully someone else will come along with more information.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 05:19 am
Fresh Cruiser

no prob mate cheers for the help so far...have a feeling i will be around on here quite a bit cos the modding will start soon...really love the retro look of the car and having a love for all things psycho/rockabilly decided to go for something different as in England everything tends to look the same
Old 01 Jan 2012, 08:28 am
Fresh Cruiser

the line drawing of the solenoids is from a 2.4 petrol therefore totally different from my diesel...been doing some searching on net and can clearly see these solenoids on the petrol engine on a normal picof the engine bay but struggling to find where the wastegate solenoid is on a diesel ...i feel this is def where i need to start but cant til i know where they are...

the engine management light isnt always on...but prior to it coming on i can feel it become sluggish and a fair bit of black smoke from tail pipe then engine light comes on...hopefully this may help further with a diagnosis