PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Turn signals not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2011, 01:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Turn signals not working

I was making a right turn, everything's fine and then the turn signals suddenly stopped working. I came to the forum and did a thread search which lead me to believe that if everything quits at once (and in my general experience) it usually means the fuse is blown or the flasher relay inside the column needs replacing. I have confirmed all fuses are okay and replaced the flasher without success. I'd hate to pay the dealer $100+ to tell me it's the $150 control. What's the chance that it could be the switch assembly and have the 4 way + turn signals fail at once? I also have had the outside two instrument panel lights not working for about six months, could there be a faulty connection inside the panel causing both problems?
Old 27 Dec 2011, 02:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Turn signals not working

You have a 2004 PT. Have you checked all the fuses inside and under the hood plus the IOD fuse which controls numerous things on the PT?
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
Old 27 Dec 2011, 04:34 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Under the hood? IOD fuse? No, I had no idea, where under the hood? I have checked the interior fuse panel and noticed none were labelled flasher/t-sig.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 06:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Under the hood, black box called the PDC (Power Distribution Center) full of fuses and relays. No#17 IOD fuse, No#18 Hazard fuse.

Also in the interior fuse box, #15 "COMB FLS" is the combination flasher fuse.

MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com

Last edited by CREWZIN; 27 Dec 2011 at 06:08 pm.
Old 27 Dec 2011, 09:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks again for the help. IOD fuse was fine, #18 was blown, replaced fuse, but still not working. Replaced signal switch assembly, still not working, replaced aftermarket flasher with original flasher relay...everything is working fine now. My guess is short in signal switch blew fuse, replacing fuse blew the new flasher relay. I'm not sure what happened exactly but I'm sure the repair cost less than the dealer would have charged to locate the problem
Old 15 Oct 2013, 08:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Question Turns Signals Malifuncting

I purchased my 03 PT GT used it has 120,000 at end of July 13. I have had nothing but prolems. I lost the fog lights first and have replaced the turn signal module on my 03 GT twice (first with a used on and second with a new one) in the last 3 weeks every time I plug it in I get a new problem. I then lost the dash lights, rear running lights, and the radio goes off and on. I replaced all of fuses including the IOD fuse. Still no rear running lights (brakes yes), no dash lights, and the radio light comes on and off. Had to replace the dome light socket because it was melted (check some in the junk and they looked the same burn marks).

Now it has a new problem when I put the right turn signal on the right light blinks and the left taillight blinks and it the same with left front light on left side blinks and right turn signal on back blinks. I was thinking about replacing the turn signal module again but the plug is falling apart. Anyone have a clue?

Does anyone know where to get just the plug? I know it is an OEM part that fits Chryslers, Ford, and GM's. I have checked around everyone wants to replace it with a universal wiring kit but I really don't want to cut into the main harness. I have gone to junk yards and when I check the plugs out most them are either cracked or have a melted spot in them. Do not want to put a bad one. I tried replacing it but if you remove the wires the gray plugs that hold the wires in break.

Thanks

Last edited by kiddno6; 15 Oct 2013 at 08:15 am.