Short ram intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2011, 01:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Short ram intake

Anyone bought this:

00-06 Chrysler PT Cruiser Ram Air Induction Intake Kit

00-06 Chrysler PT Cruiser Ram Air Induction Intake Kit | eBay

Just wanted to check the fit and if it does have 2 holes in the pipe, one for hose and one for iat sensor? Shows 2 in the pic but you never know!
Old 28 Dec 2011, 02:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Short ram intake

Jeez, I'd stay with stock. I like the way it's setup.
This will make it sound faster, tho!

We all used the old 3.0 mitsu v-6 tube on the 2.0. It's about ~$0 at JY, perhaps $5 max.

It placed filter out of radiator draft, but PT engineers have already thought of this!
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I won't get into the argument about the ins and outs of the short ram filter. I like it. Mine came with two holes. One for the IAT sensor and one for a hollow tube that runs from the valve cover into the second hole of the chrome intake. Do I loose power because it's sucking up hot air fro the engine? if it does, I never noticed it. It runs fine, fast enough to keep up with 99% of the traffic. Sounds great when you step on the throttle and it looks good. Enough said.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:39 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was beginning to type you a pm asking about your intake setup when you replied to my post. Thats the answer I was looking for! I'm not after huge (if any) power gains. It's more just for the look of the engine bay and the sound. It's an easy mod I can do myself and I like the way it looks.

Does the one in the link I posted look similar in terms of parts to yours? (I know the intimidator is a lot more expensive though).
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Crewzin, really nice setup! Where did you get all the chrome caps from?
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yep, looks the same as mine. Make sure it says someplace that the filter is washable but then you need the $10 K&N filter cleaning and oiling kit to clean it about every 25,000 miles. My first was the Intimidator and had a flat chrome end but after awhile it was hitting the metal piece that used to hold the OEM air filter and wore a piece out of the red filter so I bought another red one off eBay with the hole at the end like you see in the picture and it's the same as in your eBay link. So if you get yours, put a bunch of thick tape on the metal tabs that hold the OEM filter.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Crewzin, really nice setup! Where did you get all the chrome caps from?
Chrome, from all different vendors on the Internet. All except the chrome wire covers, they are from Pep Boys. You can buy 4 different diameters for all different wires.

I'm sure Maggie at Race and Street has most of the chrome under hood stuff on her site. She has a special section called "Under The Hood" for all the goodies.

Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Chrome, from all different vendors on the Internet. All except the chrome wire covers, they are from Pep Boys. You can buy 4 different diameters for all different wires.

I'm sure Maggie at Race and Street has most of the chrome under hood stuff on her site. She has a special section called "Under The Hood" for all the goodies.
Thanks, just curious, I hesitate to put anything on my PT that I've not already seen installed, which is why I held off on Maggie's stuff. Course, with her I guess there's not much of a risk. If you don't like it, she'll take it back, but then there ain't many vendors out there like Maggie...
Old 28 Dec 2011, 03:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree 100% about Maggie.

Old 28 Dec 2011, 05:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

the short ram will also give you a better throttle response, but so will an air box mod with a drop in k&n filter.

personally i like my make shift CAI lol