Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Progressive SnapShot Device

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2012, 11:24 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Progressive SnapShot Device

I had a Progressive SnapShot device in my car. Since I removed it, I seem to have all kinds of warning icons on the dashboard. For example, the brake light will just randomly go on, and the open door light goes on when all of the doors are closed and it's warm outside. Today the engine light came on (but that may actually be something else so I'm checking that separately).

Has anyone heard of problems with this snapshot device?

Thanks!

Cindy
Old 05 Jan 2012, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Progressive SnapShot Device

it really should not cause any codes to pop up---- im not a fan of the snapshot but just becuse i dont figure it is any ones busniess how or where i drive but then thats the reason for it to see HOW a person drives isnt it?????
However it is justt a reader so it should be safe but then id say stranger thigns have happened
Old 05 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm
Veteran Cruiser

You might DL (or see Chromenut) 'pt cruiser fsm download'

there's actually only a few wires that go to that connector- Don't recall off top of my head, the manual will also go thru troubleshooting step by step
Old 05 Jan 2012, 01:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: Progressive SnapShot Device

I did have someone put a scanner (?) on it. Not sure the Progressive device was the cause. The brake fluid was really low (going to top that off), and the check engine light was a thermostat (P0128) code which we're checking on. I still have no idea why the door sensor light is going off. Just the ringing is what drives me crazy! LOL

Also, I HATED the snapshot device. They charge you $30 per vehicle for 6 months to have the device (and they don't tell you this when your order it). Based upon my driving, I got $8 in savings. My husband had one as well and he drives about 50 miles a month (he rarely leaves the house) and they gave him about $35 in savings. Total was $60 for the 2 devices for which we only received a $43 savings. So I sent the d*mn things back. (I may be blonde but I'm not that stupid to just give my money away on the off chance that I'll get the 13% discount they *claim* someone can get!)

Cindy
Old 05 Jan 2012, 02:10 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Cindy, sometimes a little rubber bumper falls off door, or gets caught on an occupant's garment during entry / egress.

look at doors for missing bumpers
Old 05 Jan 2012, 02:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Progressive SnapShot Device

Thanks for the info about the bumper. I'll check! Just strange that it seems to only have a problem when the temperture gets hot. For example, it was 21 degrees here in North Georgia on Monday. Today it is in the mid-50's and the darn thing is going off.