PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

2002 Crusier Front end shake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2002, 07:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2002 Crusier Front end shake

Have a 2002 LE with 5K miles. Seem to have a front end shake up to about 40 mph then smooths out. More noticeable on uneven road surface but still happens on smooth surfaces. Car tracks straight and is smooth up to 100 mph. Tires inflated to 34 psi and have no abnormal wear. Have Goodyear Eagle tires and have heard stories they have a history of problems. Is anyone else having the problem?

Old 10 Aug 2002, 11:32 pm
Regular Cruiser

The problem could be a balancing issue.

Old 19 Aug 2002, 05:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I am a new owner of a '02 LTD Cruiser with 500 miles on it. I sensed a vibration in the drivers seat (not a shimmy in the the steering wheel) between 40-45 mph the first day and returned to the dealer immediately. I'm told that the vibration is caused by the torque converter lockup that happens at 40mph and is "normal" for Cruisers with A/T. If you're looking for it, you can feel the shift point just before the vibration begins. This may be one of those "nature of the beast" issues that many cars have, but I would appreciate any feedback from other owners and their experiences.
Old 09 Oct 2002, 03:26 am
Senior Cruiser

I am glad to report that my 03 Turbo is smooth at all speeds up to 70 mph. For faster speeds I will wait till my Cruiser has 500 miles! I have traction control and ABS like all turbos. My Goodyear tires are a different size and have a different model name than yours. Mopar Madness must be more sensitive than me! I can feel vibrations when the AC cycles, and when the auto tranny shifts but no vibration right before lock up. And yes, I too love my Cruiser!