Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Tech & Performance Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
recirc control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2012, 11:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default recirc control

My recirc control seems to have stopped working, it seems disconnected from anything. Anyone else have this problem? fortunately it is stuck allowing fresh air in to the cabin.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 08:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: recirc control

Do you have a PT Cruiser? Hard to tell. No introduction, or hello. If you do, what year is it? It does make a difference. Would you walk into an auto store and ask the same question you just asked us? They might turn around and tell you that the fresh air is good for you. It's a forum for PT enthusiasts, not just for answering questions.

Now that I got that off my chest. IF it's an 01-05 cruiser, pull the dash and look at the controls for the HAVC system. See if the re-circulating knob is moving the plastic connection that goes to the door that opens and closes to let fresh air in.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 02:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yikes I guess I was rude! First off I am very gratified that there are so many Cruiser enthusiasts since I too love my PT. Black on black 2003 Limited, stock with some aftermarket chrome bits. Bought it used 5 yrs ago and had few problems other than batteries and a front wheel bearing. Only has 52k miles.
As to the recirc, it is not a critical problem since I seldom use it. Just wondered if it is a PT issue. Nice picture of the panel pulled out, is that hard or require any special tools? Thanks for setting me straight. Bill
Old 18 Jan 2012, 05:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Bill,

No special tools, just a screwdriver. The four window switch in the center of the dash pulls straight out. Just pry it at all four sides. Unhook the switches from the rear. Once that's out you'll see one Phillips screw to take out. Then pull off the 4 knobs that control the air/heat. Now pry the surround that goes all the way around the vents/radio/switches straight out towards you. Once that's off, you can see the screws that hold the HVAC controls. Unscrew that and the controls just slide out.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 10:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks so much, will give it a try.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

If you look at the picture, the item #3 controls the recirculator valve. It has two hoses, one that comes with the heater core hoses thought the firewall and the other goes to the heater box recirculator valve...Make sure both hoses are connected and you are not loosing vacuum. Open the hood and check by the firewall, left of the brake booster, to make sure that hose from the fire wall is connected...
Old 20 Jan 2012, 09:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks